Chapter 12

Chapter 12: The Plan for Alternatives

[ Ice shard is used 3 times ]

[ Basic Ice Totem: (Rare)
Durability: 10/19 ]

Outside the survival camp, Dal-Eun is exploring the tutorial dungeon and kills the monsters that he passed along the way. 

[ Ice shard is used 3 times ]

[ Basic Ice Totem: (Rare)
Durability: 10/19 ]

Ice shard penetrated the head of the monster 3 times, and it then collapse to the ground. Dal-Eun watched the dead monster has its blood spilling out of its head.

'Status Window'

[ Name: Ahn Dal-Eul

Title:

• Reincarnator
• One who sees a glimpse of the truth in this world
• One who sees madness and reality
• One who was left behind
• One who saw the depravity of humanity

Age: 14

Tendency:
• D̶e̶l̶u̶s̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶r̶y̶w̶a̶r̶t̶
• Recluse Adventurer

Class: Battle Shaman

< Stats >

Strength: 13

Agility: 19

Stamina: 12

Intelligence: 20

Endurance: 12

Luck: 27

Magic: 19

Gear: None ]

It's been 3 days since they got transported into this world. And that they have gotten to be transported to this tutorial dungeon. Aside from him and Kim Hyungsung, no one probably knows that they are inside a dungeon.

In his exploration, Dal-Eun didn't come across any pond, stream, or river. In his past life, he read both the novel and manhwa of the regression Instruction Manual. Since it was a work of literature from his past life, there was a lot of missing information that was bound to happen. And his memory isn't also perfect.

At the start, they were given food, water, and weapons. There are currently a lot of people in the camp. The food and water supplies are limited. And everyone wouldn't be given fair treatment and the right amount of food going off the current number of people in the camp.

Dal-Eun couldn't fault Kim Hyungsung for saving those people. But some of them, who wasn't even injured, were old, children and able to at least fight – they doesn't have the courage or took an effort for themselves.

Leeches, trash, and useless...

A gentle smile then was revealed on Ahn Dal-Eun's face.

But those people don't need to worry anymore once they left the dungeon.

Even people like them would find a purpose in this new world. No matter how small their purpose.

Eventually, in his exploration, Dal-Eun decided to call it for a day and go back to the camp.

Since they were lacking in food and water, Dal-Eun have the thought to think outside of the box. Instead of just looking for the supplies given to them, he should search for alternatives. Plan River, Streams, and Ponds have failed. He expected that there should be some body of water here in the dungeon that wasn't mentioned in the narrative of the story.

But Dal-Eun didn't find any body of water. Dal-Eun thought that the Tutorial Dungeons or Dungeons in particular are an ecosystem of their own. How can plants and monsters live here when there is no water? Do the plants only live in artificial sunlight? Do the monsters not get thirsty? Is water not required by them?

It's not like they can continue to feed on humans every day. Or is it just magic in particular?

The latter logic seems to apply to the monsters and trees. Using his magic eyes, he could see the tutorial dungeon is filled with a rich amount of mana and there was a lot of wild water mana that exist.

For the second alternative, since the dungeon is rich in mana, Dal-Eun could just produce some water and fire totems. He would cast some spells and repeat the process again and again.

While he was doing that, he was training himself in getting better at creating totems and drawing mana from the surroundings. He can now also use his magic eyes without involuntary tears releasing. And he was starting to get used to the brilliant lights.

On why he needs a fire item, it's better to be safe than sorry when drinking water made from mana. Who knows if viruses, bacteria, or illnesses exist?

Wait, do bacteria exist in this world? Or are the bacteria/pathogen/germs from Earth or this one different from each other?

As for the food, other than bread, there is also an apple that was given to them. (It looks like an apple and tastes like an apple, it's called an apple right?) It was said that there was some people have encountered meat jerky in the bag, but those bags are only in limited amounts and are gone.

Back to the fruit, people at the camp have thrown away the apple seeds. But those seeds won't be useful either since the water provided to them at the starting point would be used for people's consumption and not watering those apple seeds.

Even if he watered those seeds every day with water magic, those trees won't grow instantly. And there weren't any spells implanted in him when he gained the battle shaman class that can help him grow plants fastly.

Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Lightning, and Ice.

Where the fuck is plant magic? It didn't exist on the requirements of being a battle shaman.

For the light and dark magic, the light magic that the priest class uses came from the divine Word. For the dark magic. It isn't within the battle shaman jurisdictions to control.

So there's no grown apple tree for them full of delicious and plump apple fruits.

As for the other alternative that he has in his mind. Maybe if the others don't have anything to eat anymore, he can bring up the subject with them.

Though it would be a little hard to stomach, it's better than starving to death.

They would have just crossed more lines than the goblin slayer.

Instead of extinction of all those goblin look-alikes and monsters here inside the dungeon...they would just take inspiration in dungeon meishi/delicious in the dungeon. A Manga that he has read in his past life. But they would become more extreme than dungeon meishi since this tutorial dungeon hasn't any rabbit monsters, scorpions, plant monsters, or animal-looking monsters. Or any spices that they could use. He would bring the subject when the people in the camp doesn't have any food anymore and were very desperate.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

While Dal-Eun was approaching the camp, he took out the carved wood mask that he have made earlier and place it on his face.

Lee Jihye has indeed made a contract with him and she wouldn't be able to reveal anything about his class or his ability to 'see' the future. But even with how many times Dal-Eun wanted to prolong the event, it is inevitable.

Dal-Eun would eventually meet him.

" Halt! Who are you?"

The guard from earlier stopped him from entering the camp. Sighing, the guard should have already recognized him by his height and clothes.. but there are other kids in the camp and Dal-Eun is commending the uncle for being cautious.

" It's me Dal-Eun. Ryong So-nim."

" Why are you wearing a mask?"

Dal-Eun shrugged his shoulder. Ryong So then sighed and let him enter.

" ... Is this what they called the emo phase? Kids these days.."

Dal-Eun keep walking forward even though he heard the guard mutter those words. He bit the urge to retort.

He passed by some people who were staring at him curiously until eventually, he came across Lee Jihye. Beside Lee Jihye, there was Kim Hyungsung, Park Deok-Gu, Jung Hayan, and finally, Lee Kiyoung.

He has finally met the protagonist.

Dal-Eun doesn't feel excited.