Chapter 20

Chapter 20: 1st Week

        At the end of the 1st week, there were a total of 25 Volunteers who have awakened there classes. It was almost half of the total amount of people in the camp. Lee Jihye we're satisfied by the results.

11 Mages, 5 Archers, 5 Warriors and 4 Priests.

The Camp we're coming along nicely. There were 12 feet gates in front of the camp made with Earth Wall Spell. Some people were already living with a type of shelter called mud hut. At it's name have implied, it was made of mud and there were been some fire spells used for it to dry nicely. There were already 17 mud shelters. And the survival camp needed to be expanded a little bit. The Mages and anyone who volunteered were already cutting the trees so the survival camp could be expanded.

Not far away from the camp, there was a pond which is used as a water source. The Water aren't a problem anymore for the people. The People at the camp were grateful for Dal-Eun on 'discovering' the pond. They just needed to boil the water from the pond with some fire magic and everyone would have already a safe supply of water.

' Discovered? It is more likely that it is created. '

Most people of the camp have believed that Dal-Eun have discovered the pond in their 4th day here since summoning. As for Kim Hyungsung, Lee Kiyoung and his tow, they could reach the truth behind the discovery of the pond. They weren't stupid and close minded to believe like most of the people in the camp.

The most prioritized supply that they only needed to find are food. And it was a problem that can't be eradicated since the supply of bread, apple fruit and occasional very rare salty meat jerky have been dwindling.

56 people in the camp. When Lee Jihye have headcounted again. She can't almost believe the number of people in the camp. It's was thanks to Kim Hyungsung's efforts that they reached that number. Lee Jihye we're very frustrated for the guy being a push over. The Camp isn't a charity shelter or orphanage where he could just bring people back to the camp whenever he pleased!

But Lee Jihye didn't say those words to Kim Hyungsung. She continued to be her pleasant self which was the cheerful, amiable little sister in front of him. But there were also a few factors added in which the little sister has the reliable and good at managing people added to her characteristics.

Despite most of the faults lies with Kim Hyungsung, Lee Jihye knows where the 3% population number problem came from. Ahn Dal-Eun who have find 4 people and delivered them to the camp before going away again and continues in his journey to look for food.

Sooner or later, Kim Hyungsung and his company and Ahn Dal-Eun would run out of the food that they could find on starting points. By her estimation they wouldn't last for 2 months. And even the month of without anyone dying of starvation is impossible.

Thankfully, Kim Hyungsung have stopped on looking out for people and together with Lee Kiyoung (Trash), Park Deok-Gu, (a strong and foolish man) and Jung Hayan (The Ideal Construction Worker), on this end of the week, Kim Hyungsung have informed her that they would go on a dungeon and attempt to clear it. Other than them, their was someone who have gone to the Dungeon with them.

No, it wasn't Ahn Dal-Eun.

But her assistant Park Hyeyoung.

From the moment that she and Dal-Eun made their contract, Lee Jihye have ensured that since the moment that Jung Hayan have arrived in the camp, there were no discrimination, ostracization and hate directed towards her.

Lee Jihye have directed to doing mediocre tasks on the camp within her first day. And when some of the volunteers gained their classes and mages popping out of the camp, Jung Hayan who wanted to prove herself and to be useful was the ideal construction worker when she was here inside the camp.

Unlike the other mages who were only motivated to improve their own lives and fulfill their own self-interest inside the map. It took a lot of coaxing and manipulation for them to become her magical labor slaves.

Since Park Hyeyoung we're under her wing, she would notice the way Lee Jihye treated Jung Hayan. Obviously, there would be feelings of resentment and jealousy within her.

Jung Hayan who was treated better than her when she arrived the camp. Park Hyeyoung who worked hard and sucked up to gain a little of her trust. Jung Hayan who was a mage and Park Hyeyoung who was only an archer.

Mages who were very helpful in the camp unlike useless archers whose only importance is if they could kill monsters.

Jung Hayan who always accompanies those people who everyone in the camp could see as the strongest and the best.

Park Hyeyoung wanted that all for herself. And she very much despise the existence of Hayan.

So when Park Hyeyoung apologize and requested that she would go with them in the dungeon, Lee Jihye didn't refuse her request.

Also, the Lee Kiyoung have also came to her earlier. After a few days since Lee Kiyoung entered the camp, the two decided on a temporary truce.

Lee Kiyoung have praised her efforts on managing the camp. Jihye then praise his ability to gain the trust of Kim Hyungsung. And to have Park Deok-Gu and Jung Hayan at his beck and call.

Entering the truce, they are using each other.

Lee Jihye needed to have Lee Kiyoung to convince Park Hyungsung to hurry up in the 'attack' condition that the guide have told them during the starting point. She wanted them to arrive on the so called continent sooner so she doesn't need to take care of the useless lumps anymore.

On the other hand, Lee Kiyoung was using her as a way to get closer to Ahn Dal-Eun.

The scum may have misinterpreted on how much influence she has on Dal-Eun. She could see that Dal-Eun have further retreated away from the people. He was only returning once a day in the camp now.

She wondered what happened during the first day of the volunteer riding bus operation but Lee Kiyoung wouldn't give her any information. But Jihye could make a few guesses.

She have made some mistakes on her plan for the camp. She never accounted for Kiyoung's emotional fragility. But if it would awaken the volunteers in the camp, Lee Jihye could only apologize to Kiyoung to sacrifice of himself a little bit.

Lee Kiyoung thought that she and Dal-Eun have a close relationship. Something like a Sister and brother that Lee Jihye really wanted and most of the people in the camp have mistaken.

It is purely contractual relationship.

Deep inside, Lee Jihye knows that Dal-Eun wouldn't fully give his trust to someone like her. She only gained a little bit of it when she entered in a contract with him.

When the contract ended. It would be the end of the trust that was given by Dal-Eun.

Since Lee Jihye couldn't help Lee Kiyoung with his Illusive Dal-Eun problem, she could only recommend Park Hyeyoung to him. Someone who he can use to further emotionally manipulate Jung Hayan closer to him. And she also would like to test the loophole in the contract.

Park Hyeyoung would be accompanying them. She was looking forward to the result.