Chapter 17

AN: I may slow down on updating new chapters on this fanfic.

Chapter 17: In heat of the moment

        " Oh lord lend me your knowledge,
Oh lord lend me your power, Quicksand!"

    The ground beneath the monsters began to soften until their body the waist down sucked. They are trying to move out, to no avail it is not effective.

       " Oh lord lend me your knowledge, Oh lord lend me your power, Levitation! "

Cha Do Yeon and Cha Na Yeon floated from the ground and towards the monsters. Preparing their swords to kill the ten monsters, they stare at each other through their eyes and decided to kill the monsters by half an amount of the total number for themselves. They then started to stab the monsters one by one with the levitation spell helping them to float around the quicksand.

Each stab in the monster's head and pull out the sword cause icky blood to spurt out of the monster and drench the twins in their blood. With each stab, the twin's faces become paler and paler. Until their last stab and another blood splattering their clothes and face they look at Dal-Eun.

Dal-Eun then decided to move them away from the quicksand and away from the others. When they landed on the ground, both of the twins started vomiting.

A few minutes later they scrunched up their face in disgust.

" .. My clothes. "

" This is disgusting. "

Walking toward them, Dal-Eun then asked.

" Do you want Dal-Eun to help you? "

Both of them answered at the same time.

"Yes, please! ""

Activating another spell, Dal-Eun started his chant.

" Oh lord lend me your knowledge,
Oh lord lend me your power Water Ball "

The water ball then manifested above the twins before exploding and causing the twins to be drenched in water.

" Fuck, It's cold! "

Cha Do Yeon cursed, startled by a huge amount of water drenching him and his clothes.

" Pussy. "

His twin Cha Na Yeon scoffed at her twin. But inside her mind, she could admit that the water is indeed a little too cold for her liking.

" Oh lord lend me your knowledge,
Oh lord lend me your power,
Oh lord lend me your strength, heat air  "

Warm winds then surrounded them for a few seconds before disappearing. Breathing the normal air again both of the twins glared at Dal-Eun.

" Sorry. "

Dal-Eun sent an apologetic glance behind his mask.

" At least clothes are partially dry now? "

Both the twins then patted their clothes. They could feel that it is nearly dry.

Cha Na Yeon tutted her lips and reprimanded.

" Please inform me what spell you would cast. You almost nearly killed us. We can't almost breathe even if it was for a few seconds. "

Dal-Eun winces behind his mask feeling guilty.

" It won't happen again next time. "

Not far away from them, Lee Kiyoung watched the scene with interest. After Kim Hyungsung told Ahn Dal-Eun that they would go with him and the volunteers, Dal-Eun agreed. Kiyoung at that time sensed that there was a reluctant tone in Dal-Eun's voice.

" Dal-Eun-SSI ~ "

" Is there something you need Lee Kiyoung-ssi? "

" Jung Hayan would help you with the volunteers. "

" What about you and Hyung? "

" We are here to observe and watch. We would only interfere if the situation became out of your control. "

" .. I see. "

He wondered what expression Dal-Eun did make upon informing him that except for Jung Hayan, Kim Hyungsung would only be just here to observe him and the volunteers. They were the bodyguards who would only interfere in an out-of-control situation.

" Kiyoung.. "

" Hyungsung-ssi, we shouldn't interfere. If we help them all the time how can they stand up for themselves? They would not learn to defend themselves all the time if we just help them all the time. Think of it as their training to become better. This is the only way that they can learn to become stronger. This is their first step toward that path. There were also Jung Hayan and Dal-Eun to help them. "

Convincing his regressor to not interfere is easy. He just needs to appeal and defunct his worries regarding the volunteers.

Observing the first 5 volunteers of the camp was interesting. They were quite decent people different from what he was expecting. He expected trashy and scummy people hiding behind a nice facade.

Lee Jihye surely knows to carefully pick them from amongst the crowd of volunteers. It was Dal-Eun's first time helping those people as a 'bus'. So she must be really careful in choosing her first volunteers.

With Dal-Eun's tendency [ Recluse Adventurer ], after a bad experience, he would be wary and reluctant to help people.

Unfortunately for Lee Jihye, even though she picked the best at the camp in the attitude category, people would make mistakes in the heat of the battle and adrenaline.

For the volunteers and Dal-Eun.

For the volunteers, because the battle is a heated moment, they would be prone to a burst of emotions like anger, frustration, and fear.

In sensing dangers there are only two choices for everyone, it is to fight or fight.

The volunteers struggle with these choices. Lee Jihye has told that Ahn Dal-Eun would do his best to protect them from the monsters. The assigned protector promised the volunteers that he would try his best to protect them.

Because Dal-Eun was the one responsible for them, it was natural for the volunteers to direct their anger and frustrations at Dal-Eun.

Nice, kind, and amiable people are a person too. They could get angry and make mistakes. They are humans and so are Ahn Dal-Eun.

For Dal-Eun who has the tendency Recluse Adventurer, because he was someone who was used to fighting alone, it was natural that he would make mistakes and errors. He was someone who wasn't used to fighting and supporting other people in battles.

This is his first fight with other people. After that horrible event— (All of his friends dying by being betrayed by humans and eaten by monsters)

This is a horrible experience for the volunteers and Dal-Eun. But it is an opportunity for Lee Kiyoung.

He walk towards Dal-Eun who was kneeling on the ground exhausted while supporting himself on the ground by a long twig from a random tree which Dal-Eun told all of them was his temporary staff.

Until now, Lee Kiyoung didn't see Dal- Eun with those so-called totems. In everyone's eyes, he appears to be a normal mage with a propensity to pick up random twigs from the trees as his staff was once again disintegrated to dust.

Stretching out his hand towards Dal-Eun, Kiyoung directed the reincarnator with the most gentlest and amiable smile that he have. It was almost angelic according to Hayan.

" Let me help you, Dal-Eun. "

The smile on his face became almost genuine when a hand grabbed his outstretched hand.

' Thank you for giving me this wonderful oppurtunity, Lee Jihye-noona! ~ '