Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Just a little

Battle Shaman. It is a mage and healer hybrid class. A class that can connect and feel the spirit and nature. Battle Shaman's strength are that mainly rely mana outside of their body. They draw mana from nature. They were the exceptional monster of the Mage Class. Casting spells instantly like there's no tomorrow.

Freak for humans but blessed by Nature.

Unfortunately, for the Battle Shamans to do their thing. Totem are always needed. The Creation of Totem takes more time than casting spells from normal mages. The higher the rank of spell that you needed to cast as Battle Shaman, the longer the time a Battle Shaman would spent their time creating a Totem. It wasn't just that, the materials for creating Totems for higher grade spells must be exceptional. It shouldn't be normal wood or stone that you would found in your surroundings.

Other than those drawbacks, there was more weakness that Dal-Eun should keep to everyone. Destroying the totems before a spell could cast is equal to instantly incapacitating a Battle Shaman. As long as someone has destroyed all of the Totems that a Battle Shaman has on them, then it's a total game over for a Battle Shaman.

Through, there was another detail regarding a Battle Shaman. They were still a mage. They could still use mana from their bodies. Unfortunately, their mana capacity are lower than most of the mage classes since they were someone who was used to drawing power from outside sources and not their body.

On his first outing and serving as a bus ( because it is very clear that what is his role is), It was Dal-Eun's first time using his own mana.

With Kim Hyungsung, Jung Hayan and Lee Kiyoung going with the Volunteers, he can't absolutely pull out anything that would reveal himself as a Battle Shaman.

He was using his own mana and disguising himself as a Mage. Lee Kiyoung knows what his true class using his mind's eye but if Dal-Eun didn't reveal anything, he was just a normal mage.

Lee Kiyoung can't just not casually say that Dal-Eun was a battle shaman without revealing his attribute Mind's eye which under no circumstances that the protagonist would reveal to anyone what his attribute. It would reveal his true nature to everyone and it was something that Lee Kiyoung can't afford and gamble right now. He would lose the trust of his treasures and most of all, his regressor Kim Hyungsung.

Dal-Eun have made a lot of mistakes earlier since it was his first time casting spells using his own mana. Thankfully, Jung Hayan wasn't just here as a bystander but also a participator and someone who can help him.

If he made mistakes, Jung Hayan was there to assist him and kill the monsters that would endanger the life of Volunteers. Thankfully, Dal-Eun acclimated and got used to how to properly draw his mana and calculate how much mana he needed when casting spells.

Dal-Eun could instantly cast spells and without even uttering the magic words but he decided against it and utter some chants for every spell that he used.

After he and Jung Hayan was exhausted in casting spells, they would then retreat and recharge before going to the battle again and serving as a Bus. Due to his mistakes and the tension of the battle, Dal-Eun could see the attitude of the Volunteers starting to get worse. In Mun Yon's case, she started crying.

Accusing glares from the other Volunteer are directed to him. Dal-Eun endured. Another mistake again. He endured.

Again..

Again..

Again..

Again..

Calm down, Dal-Eun.

They were just frustrated and scared.

It wasn't their fault.

They are your responsibility.

It was Dal-Eun's responsibility to also protect his friends and he failed.

And now he failed again and almost killed Cha Na Yeon.

' I'm sorry. '

It was like he was just a failure again.

He have already failed on protecting his friends. At that time, he just stood in fear. It was very late when he started taking actions.

And even killing of some of the humans that resulted on his friends being killed.. Dal-Eun didn't find any satisfaction. It couldn't fulfill the hollowness that he felt staring at the corpses of his friends and the monsters that was eating their bodies.

So he decided to kill the monsters and slash their stomach so that Dal-Eun could pull out his friends and stop their bodies from melting further.

He shouldn't be so reactive. He should have prevent it before it could happen.

The fault lies with him.

While Na Yeon went to talk with Do Yeon, Dal-Eun collapse to the ground feeling exhausted again. Kneeling on his knees and forcing his body to fully let itself lie on the ground.

' Sleeping in the ground isn't comfortable. Remember that body..'

He let out puffs of breathe beneath his mask.

He was exhausted and tired.

And felt his heart being squeezed in pain.

Dal-Eun felt dizzy.

If the Volunteers died..

There were faint tremors on his body.

It would be his fault.

While he was thinking those thoughts, he suddenly heard a familiar voice.

" Let me help you, Dal-Eun. "

The voice has a warm and gentle tone on it.

There was a hand stretched out towards him. The hands offered of security, reassurance and warmth.

Dal-Eun raise his head and see Lee Kiyoung. A Devil with the face of an angel.

He shouldn't trust him.

Dal-Eun knows his true nature after all.

But Dal-Eun was tired.

The devil on his right shoulders says that " Do you have any self preservation left? Used your common sense and stay away from Lee Kiyoung. He's always up to no good. "

There angel on his left shoulder then whispered softly. It's voice was soft and full of compassion. " He have no choice but to used what he have.. Which was his brains and manipulating everyone. "

" Get away from him and don't listen to lefty's nonsense! You don't want to end up like most of the people around him don't you? "

Staring at Lee Kiyoung, and blinking behind his mask to erase whatever his mind have conjured when he was tired, Dal-Eun made his decision.

He doesn't want to sleep unconscious on the ground.

' Just a little.. It wouldn't be too bad..'

Dal-Eun grabbed the hand offering safety and comfort towards him.

He was rewarded with a genuine angelic smile and a smile unconsciously lifted up on his face behind his mask.

" Let Kiyoung-Hyung take care of you from now on. "