Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Agreement and Totems

Kim Hyungsung along with Lee Kiyoung and Park Deok-Gu left the camp to start looking for supplies and sweeping the monsters. As for Jung Hayan, she was delegated to an easier task than carrying a hard stone. Something that she could do with her body's current condition and wouldn't suffer.

Currently, Lee Jihye went to Dal-Eun's camp as she handed Dal-Eun a knife and a branch of wood that she ordered someone to cut.

" Thank you, Jihye-nim. "

" You would only call me Noona when you are making a contract with me. How cruel, Dongsaeng. "

There were fake tears in Jihye's eyes as she said those words. Dal-Eun who has seen her acting couldn't help but shudder.

It was truly terrifying how Lee Jihye and Lee Kiyoung are a bunch of good performers.

With the branch of wood and knife in his hand Dan-Eul started working.

[ Advanced Totem Creation is being applied... ]

Dan-Eul started working. His hands holding the knife are starting to carve the branch.

Meanwhile, Lee Jihye didn't leave. She only watched as Dan-Eul started working on the materials that he needed to perform his magic.

What happened yesterday, is something that she could still remember clearly.

" Since Jihye-Noona agreed. Then we should make our contract agreement. I would make all of my demands first. But if Jihye-Noona didn't want to agree to my demands we can move to the second one the same as the others or we could comply with each other demands until we reach an agreement. Then it was Lee Jihye-noona's turn to make her demands and the procedure is the same. "

" Okay, state your demand first.. "

" My first condition for the contract is for Lee Jihye-Noona to don't reveal my Class to anyone in any way. "

" Is your class Evil, something heretical or requiring lives and suffering of the others to be used? "

" No, It's not. "

" Then, I agree with your first demand. "

" My second condition, I know some things. I hope that whatever information I would reveal to you would keep it a secret or if you can't keep that information a secret, please don't mention or imply any of my involvement or the knowledge coming from me. "

" ...Agreed. Perhaps you could be more detailed with your 'knowledge' later? "

" Okay, Jihye-Noona. My 3rd condition is for Jihye-Noona to help me in acquiring materials that were necessary for my class temporarily. "

" How temporary it is? And what materials are required? "

" The time limit is while we were here and not on the Continent. For the materials, I just needed a carving tool, branches of wood, or stones that I could use to carve. "

" Agree. "

" Lastly, I have a request that involves a certain person. "

" Who? And what request it is? "

" Her name is Jung Hayan. And I hope that you would make her life easier in the camp and avoid suffering at the hands of the other people here in the camp. She didn't need any unwanted advances or sexual harassment. "

" Hmmm... This Jung Hayan, is she important to you? "

" No. She's important to someone. But she was already suffering from abandonment issues and hopefully, with you helping in the camp, it wouldn't make her mental health worsen or just alleviate some issues. Hopefully.."

" You sounded unsure. But I would agree and help Jung Hayan. "

" Thank you, that's all of my demands. "

" Now, it's my turn dongsaeng~ First, I want you to help me survive in this place. "

" I agree. "

" My second demand, I want you to help me in maintaining my good impression in Kim Hyunsung-ssi. "

" .. Okay. "

" Lastly, I want to cash in 2 favors from you. "

" Hmm, that would be a little difficult Jihye-noon. But as long as it wouldn't involve me sacrificing my life, or compromising my morals then we could agree. "

" Tch, then let's hear your so-called morals dongsaeng. "

" I wouldn't kill any innocent people, children, misguided children, or possessed children. I wouldn't help you to steal from poor and helpless people. I wouldn't help you to dose aphrodisiacs of any kind or to poison anyone. No favor or request that involves harming Kim Hyungsung, Jung Hayan, or Lee Kiyoung. "

" .. A strange request. But fine. "

" Then, I agree to your agreement. "

" That's all of my demand. What happened now Dongsaeng? "

" Just follow my example Jihye-noon. I, Ahn Dal-Eun agreed to all of Lee Jihye's conditions and comply with them. Let the wild elements and spirits of this world bear witness to the agreement. "

" ... I, Lee Jihye agree to all of Ahn Dal-Eun's conditions and comply with them...Let the wild elements and spirits of this world bear witness to the agreement. "

" Ahn Dal-Eun and Lee Jihye agreed to each other's terms and promise to fulfill each other demands. In case one of the agreements isn't fulfilled or maliciously intended to be broken, then an equivalent punishment shall descend to the one who has broken the contract. "

Dal-Eun then raise his right hand in a handshake, arching an eyebrow Lee Jihye was hesitant at first before returning the handshake.

Strangely, she didn't feel anything when the contract is formed.

" I'm looking forward to working with you Jihye-Noona. Since we have agreed to each other's conditions. My Class is called Battle Shaman and I have some knowledge regarding this world. "

While Lee Jihye was remembering their contract with each other, soon, Dal-Eun was able to complete one totem.

[ Earth Totem - (Common)

It is an ordinary Earth Totem carved by a Battle Shaman. It's just a useless decorative object ]

Dal-Eun could feel his smile twitch when he read the description of the item.

It was a fact that it was just an ordinary wood carving. But once he imbued it with wild mana from the world, then it would become a genuine Earth Totem.

For the first time, Dal-Eun was glad in the class that he obtained.