Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Searching

    After changing his clothes, Dal-Eun went outside the tent that was assigned to him. Some people stared curiously at him. Dal-Eun tugged the hoodie to cover his eyes from their stares.

After a few minutes of looking for Lee Jihye, he eventually finds her talking to her subordinate.

" Dal-Eun! Here, take a seat beside me. "

Jihye smiled at him and ushered him to seat beside her on the stone that she was currently making as a chair.

" Thank you, Jihye-nim. "

" Here, have some drink and bread. "

"...."

Dal-Eun accepted the water and bread with a blank stare. The friendly shivers from Lee Jihye send shivers down his spine.

Still, he should get used to it sooner or later since there was someone worse than her. Lee Kiyoung. The protagonist of this story.

Dal-Eun closes his eyes for a moment as he tried to remember the plot of this story. It was truly unexpected that he would be reincarnated in this world.

Being near the main character...

Should he even stay here at this camp at all?

While Dal-Eun was unconsciously eating his bread and drinking water while his mind drifted, someone interrupted his thoughts.

" Hello, I'm Park Hyeyoung. "

It was Lee Jihye's subordinate. From what would he remembers, she would die later, and one of the unknowing materials drove the main heroine to a mental breakdown, and the heroine ended up becoming a Yandere.

" Dal-Eun is Dal-Eun. "

" Uhh.. right. "

Park Hyeyoung awkwardly watched him eat. She was just standing which made Dal-Eun feel self-conscious about the situation right now. At himself and this place.

Ugly and wretched smiles.

Someone laughing

Someone was crying

Someone was angry

Someone who wanted their revenge

Someone who failed

Someone who failed again

The sounds of mocking laughter

He is a coward

The sounds of crunching

He stared

So much red

Screams and wails of terror

His sword dripping down with so much red

So much red

Red.

The monsters are attacking again.

He stared at the remaining 3 pieces of bread in the rucksack pouch and the remaining water in the leather pouch.

" Hyeyoung-ssi, do you want to eat too? You can have one of the bread. "

Dal-Eun asked with a smile on his face and he left on his seat.

" Dal-Eun? "

Jihye inquired with confusion.

" You can give the bread and water to the people who need them. "

" Uh. Thanks. "

Park Hyeyoung accepted the rucksack and leather pouch while looking uncomfortable.

Facing Jihye, Dal-Eun bowed his head.

" Thank you for taking care of Dal-Eun and please also send Hyungsung-oppa Dal-Eun's gratitude and regards. "

" What? Wait! Kid where are you going? "

" Leaving. "

" Why? It's dangerous outside. Do you think it is a good idea?! "

Lee Jihye gritted her teeth as she stared at the kid. Her current relaxed and reliable composure is broken right now. Since the kid has woken up, he is too confusing for her to decipher. One moment he acts like a normally polite and respectful kid, then she would see glimpses of his sad expression, and there was also that madness that she have seen from him before.

She can't just let the kid leave the camp. He would be useful... What would happen if Kim Hyungsung returned and saw that the kid wasn't there?

As the kid didn't answer her question and started walking away, there was a murderous expression on Lee Jihye's before she decided to follow the kid.

" Hyeyoung! "

" Jihye-Noona? "

" Take care of the camp. "

" What? .. I. "

" I would follow the kid and make sure the kid doesn't endanger himself and die. "

" What would I tell if Kim Hyungsung-ssi came back? "

" Tell him the truth, Hyeyoung-ssi. "

Jihye looks coldly at her subordinate.

" make sure of it. "

" yes. "

-----------------------

      There are carpets of monsters and humans lying around. The smell of the air is foul and rancid. It's disgusting. Lee Jihye endures the urge to vomit. As Jihye said earlier to Park Hyeyoung, she has indeed followed Dal-Eun.

This is the place where they first found Dal-Eun. Defending himself against the monsters even if he looks like he was going to collapse any moment.

Jihye watched as Dal-Eun get closer and closer to the stack of the monster's carcass and the remains of the human bodies. She wasn't even sure if it can even be called a corpse at all. There wasn't much left on those corpses of human bodies.

Dal-Eun then looks at his surroundings. It was like he was looking around for something. There was a hopeful expression on his face. She wondered what is he looking for. After a while, the hopeful expression becomes blank. Then he turned his head down and crouched to the ground and started disturbing those monster carcasses and those human bodies.

" ... Will you betray us too? "

Lee Jihye didn't stop the kid from looking around the bodies. She has an idea of what is he looking for if she wasn't wrong.

After a while, Dal-Eul dragged 4 'corpses' of human bodies. A headless body with bites on her chest and stomach. Another corpse of a girl missing her legs and arms. A male corpse with his chest to legs gnawed bitten by monsters. His organs missing. And lastly, it wasn't even a corpse. It was only a head of a young man. And his face looks like it was melted.

Observing Dal-Eul, and the carcass of monsters around him, Jihye notice that the monsters have their stomach all opened and their organs peaking out of their body.

The digestive tracks of all of the carcasses of the monsters are ruined.

Lee Jihye realizes what happened to the last corpse. She quickly turned her back and vomited out the contents of her stomach in front of the nearest tree.

Heaving and coughing, after a while and she felt her stomach starting to calm down, she wiped the involuntary tears in her eyes.

Turning her back, she could see Dal-Eul on the ground on his knees as he tried on scoping all of the corpses of the body together and try to hug all of them.

It's a pitiful sight. Lee Jihye coldly watched in the distance as the kid mourned for all of his friends.