Chapter 11

Chapter 11: How to be productive (Part 2)

         When Kim Hyunsung, Park Deok-Gu, and Lee Kiyoung returned to the camp, it was already noon. To their surprise, only a few people greeted them. Which was the people guarding in front of the survival camp.

When they came inside, they noticed most of the people lining up in the camp. And in front of them was Lee Jihye who was sitting on a branch of a tree and there was a table made of wood in front of her.

" Next! "

She shouted as the person in front of her left. The person was then handed a piece of bread by Jihye's assistant called Park Hyeyoung. To Lee Kiyoung's surprise, other than Jihye's assistant there was another person beside her. Jung Hayan was nervously shaking while she was writing with a pen on a piece of paper.

" Name? "

" Eom Dae. "

" Age? "

"  ...41. "

" Gender? "

The almost middle-aged uncle stared at Jihye like she was an idiot. Under her intense stare that was almost boring down holes in his head, he cowered and complied.

" Male. "

" I see... Do you already have a class? "

" .. No, I don't have one. "

" Did you kill someone? "

" What kind of question is that?! "

Eom Dae glared at Lee Jihye. But under the intensity of her gaze again, he replied.

" No, I didn't. "

" Did you already kill a monster? "

" Yes. "

" How many? "

" 3. "

" Hmmm... Hayan-ssi are you keeping up? "

Jihye glanced at Hayan who replied nervously.

" -Yes! I am writing them... Jihye-nim. "

" Then let's continue. What was your job back on Earth? "

" My last job or my other jobs? "

Lee Jihye's eyes gleamed.

" All of them. "

" Let's see... I was a Landscape Technician for 7 years. A painter for 2 years and a construction worker for 10 years. And a brick mason for 3 years. "

" Hmm... Eom Dae-ssi did a lot of physical labor? It was unfortunate that you have a limp right? "

" .. Yeah, it is unfortunate. "

" Any hobbies or talents? "

" Does being good at Cue Sports count? "

" Thank you for your cooperation Eom Dae-ssi. Hyeyoung.. "

" Right! "

Park Hyeyoung then handed the almost middle-aged man bread. Eom Dae bowed and left.

" Next one! "

The one in front of the line this time was a teenage girl.

' What the hell is that woman doing?! '

Kim Hyungsung decided to announce his presence by walking toward Lee Jihye and the people in the line.

" Hyungsung-oppa! "

There was an amiable and sweet smile on Lee Jihye's face again. Hyungsung then asked.

" Jihye-ssi, what are you doing? "

" Ah, Hyungsung-oppa I am organizing and doing a headcount of the people here in the camp. Currently, there was 47 people here in the survival account. Kim Hyungsung, Park Deok-Gu, and Lee Kiyoung-ssi aren't included in the count. "

While Hyungsung and Jihye are talking, Lee Kiyoung narrowed his eyes. Since Lee Jihye and Dal-Eun brought back some food with them in the evening, there was a supply of food and water for the people in the camp during the morning.

Seeing Park Hyeyoung giving food to the people lining up in this 'job interview', there shouldn't be any.

Thankfully, Hyungsung decided to take an initiative to ask.

" Jihye-ssi, The food.."

Lee Jihye then frowned and showed a worried expression.

" Dal-Eun has gone out of the camp again the early morning after you went out Hyungsung-oppa. "

" Dal-Eun? "

" Yes! "

While Kiyoung was listening to Jihye's and Hyungsung's conversation. Hearing the name of Dal-Eun, Kiyoung so far has been reminded that he hasn't met the child.

With a bright smile on his face, Kiyoung butted into the conversation.

" So where is Dal-Eun, Jihye-ssi? "

With an equal smile as bright as his own, Jihye replied.

" Dal-Eun left again after he have rested for a while in the camp. "

Putting a surprised gasp, Lee Kiyoung exclaimed.

" He left?! "

Kim Hyungsung was now staring at Lee Kihye. The latter was uncomfortable with Hyungsung staring at her with a question in his eyes.  With his hands covering his mouth, a devious smirk formed on Kiyoung.

Hyungsung mentioned Dal-Eun earlier to them. From the Regressor's impression so far. He was a pitiful child who was betrayed by people. His precious friends died so he was now alone and he doesn't like people. Except for Lee Jihye and Kim Hyungsung.

Despite being betrayed by people, he still left yesterday with Lee Jihye chasing after him so he could help the people in the camp.

Kim Hyungsung has a favorable impression of the child.

With Lee Jihye staying here, it would leave a bad message on her. How irresponsible of her to just leave a child on his own to fend off in the wilds.

Biting her lip with a guilty expression on her face, a few dews of tears slipped out of Lee Jihye's eyes.

" I..- I want to accompany Dal-Eun earlier this morning. He was so stubborn! He insist that he was okay on his own Hyungsung-Oppa! He said I should just remain here and manage the camp. He also wanted to repay you by saving him. So that's why he left again looking for food and water. I'm sorry, Oppa. I didn't stop him. "

Hyungsung's bright blue eyes softened when he heard Jihye. And now his impression regarding Dal-Eun increased.

While Kiyoung was showing an expression of sympathy outside. Inside, he was gnashing his teeth.

' Tch,  as expected. She was a bitch as I was a bastard. If I am the best actor, then she was the best actress. Fuck! She was trash like me. '

It was difficult to dethrone Lee Jihye. A person that was so like him. Trash people like him are cunning, scum, and like to play dirty. She needed to be taken down by a peg. Even though Lee Jihye was only staying in the camp, with her recent feats and connections, Kim Hyungsung has a good impression of her.

She needs to take a hit on her reputation so Kiyoung could secure his position on Kim Hyungsung's side.

' There was also that Dal-Eun.. '

Going out alone.

Is that kid suicidal or he has the skills and talent to go out alone and fend for himself?

It was clear, it was the latter situation.

He needs to see Dal-Eun and if he was something useful, he needs to pull him to his side.

Unknown to Dal-Eul who was creating his totems and testing his powers peacefully, Lee Jihye created a script for him and Lee Kiyoung was getting too curious about him.

He was about to be dragged by two scums on their survival camp court of politics and drama to remain close to Kim Hyungsung and stay in his favor like concubines.