Chapter 25

AN: It's been a long time since I updated this fanfic....

Chapter 25: The bond between two abnormalities

    With Kim Hyungsung's return to the camp, Lee Kiyoung was relieved. His Dear Regressor can take care of this problem who suddenly appeared. And seeing Kim Hyungsung's reaction to Jung Jin-ho, covering his mouth with his hand, a wicked smile appeared on Lee Kiyoung's face.

After secretly smiling, Lee Kiyoung turned his gaze toward Ahn Dal-Eun who approached Kim Hyungsung. Ahn Dal-Eun appeared enthusiastic and happy even though they couldn't see his expression behind the wooden carved mask that he always wore.

There wasn't even one time when Lee Kiyoung saw Ahn Dal-Eun's face behind the wooden mask. It wasn't that Lee Kiyoung was curious to see Ahn Dal-Eun's face. He doesn't care whether the young reincarnator is good-looking or ugly. What Lee Kiyoung wanted was for Ahn Dal-Eun to voluntarily reveal his face to Lee Kiyoung.

If Ahn Dal-Eun had shown his face to him, it probably meant that Ahn Dal-Eun trusted him. And Lee Kiyoung was still far away from that envisioned ideal scenario.

Sighing from his pessimistic thoughts, Lee Kiyoung focuses his sight on the current scenario happening in front of them. Watching Ahn Dal-Eun interact with Kim Hyungsung, Lee Kiyoung, and the others are speechless. The kid was ignoring the killing intent emanating from Kim Hyungsung and approached the latter like an enthusiastic puppy.

However, everyone was more surprised when the killing intent disappeared, and Kim Hyungsung who rarely shows his emotions smiled a little. Lee Kiyoung felt happy when he saw the sudden flicker of irritation on Jung Jingho's face when everyone's attention was on the Regressor and Reincarnator.

It wouldn't be easy for Jung Jingho to gain Dal-Eun's trust. While Lee Kiyoung was gloating inside his mind, however as he watched the amiable atmosphere between the Regressor and Reincarnator, he cursed inside his mind.

How come his Regressor is showing more emotion towards the Ahn Dal-Eun? How come Ahn Dal-Eun calls Hyungsung "Hyung" so frequently but refuses to address Lee Kiyoung as one?

He was irritated, envious, and greedy of both of the two useful tools for his survival. Lee Kiyoung needs to put more effort into gaining their trust and favor.

Now that he and Lee Jihye have somewhat reached common ground and some tacit shaky cooperation, it should be easier to gain Ahn Dal-Eun's trust that there Lee Jihye wouldn't stop his plans here in the survival camp.

Eventually, Kim Hyungsung and Ahn Dal-Eun's chat ended. Ahn Dal-Eun decided to leave after welcoming and greeting Kim Hyungsung with Lee Jihye greeting Kim Hyungsung before she followed Dal-Eun. Lee Kiyoung then decided to approach the Regressor and talk with him.

After talking to the Regressor briefly, Lee Kiyoung was there to witness Jung Jinho's thick-faced skin and bravery. Even though Jung Jinho experienced Kim Hyungsung's killing intent earlier, the current emotionless expression directed towards him and Kim Hyungsung refusing to shake his hand, Jung Jingho acted like nothing was wrong.

Lee Kiyoung was grateful that this thick skin and bravery had a limit. After some small talk and fake pleasantries for a few minutes, when Jung Jingho noticed that Kim Hyungsung wouldn't respond to him, he decided to excuse himself.

After that Kim Hyungsung decided to talk with Lee Kiyoung in a secluded area around the shelter. Excusing himself from Jung Hayan and Park Deokgu, the scumbag, and regressor exchange information.

Lee Kiyoung telling Kim Hyungsung about Park Hyeyoung's tragic death. However, he carefully calculated if it was right to pin the blame for Park Hyeyoung's death on Jung Jingho and his companions and protect the real suspect behind her death.

However, the consequences of Jung Hayan being revealed as the killer weren't something that would benefit Lee Kiyoung. He would suffer a lot of loss. The risk of death and loss of trust from Hayan. The loss of Kim Hyungsung and disappointment and loss of trust from Park Deokgu.

It was ideal that Jung Jinho whom Kim Hyungsung probably knows from his past life and who treated with hostility appeared at the right time.

Eventually, Lee Kiyoung decided to lie by omission and revealed half-truths. He would let his dear regressor come to his conclusion because of his biased perspective.

Compared to a psychopathic murderer, Kim Hyungsung would choose to put more trust in his trusted comrade Lee Kiyoung.

After asking for information about Jung Jingho, Lee Kiyoung explained what he heard from the guard and Lee Jihye explained to them upon their arrival.

Describing the scene of Ahn Dal-Eun encasing Yoo Seokwoo's body in ice because of his false accusations and insults and Ahn Dal-Eun's casual show of violence, Kim Hyungsung didn't appear to be upset.

He appeared surprised before his expression turned into a contemplation.

Lee Kiyoung showed a 'worried' expression on his face. Acting hesitant and uneasy, he decided to pry why Hyungsung was suddenly so silent.

" Hyungsung-ssi? "

After a little while, the regressor says.

" Dal-Eun's story, you have been told isn't it? "

Lee Kiyoung hesitantly replied.

" .. Yes. "

He has a foreboding feeling about what direction is this story going.

" Dal-Eun has been hurt and betrayed. His friends died and Lee Jihye and I along with the other survivors found him and killed the monsters that he was fighting when we found him. "

"...."

" At first, I concluded that the people who betrayed Dal-Eun and his friends got what they deserved by being killed and eaten by the monsters, Lee Kiyoung-ssi.  "

A wan smile appeared on Kim Hyungsung's handsome face. However, it was a smile that gave Lee Kiyoung an uneasy feeling and chills on his spine.

" However, I think I was wrong on my first speculation. I just realized right now. Dal-Eun is a good and strong person. "

" What was your guess, Kim Hyungsung-nim? "

" Dal-Eun killed them. "

Lee Kiyoung grew more uneasy when he saw Kim Hyungsung's current expression.

' Why the hell are you smiling regressor? Aren't you're disposition a well-meaning arbitrator? Why are you smiling like your disposition is a calculated killer like Jung Jingho? '

" I know that I shouldn't be glad about Dal-Eun's violent behavior and my recent realization about him. I shouldn't condone his behavior "

Gazing at Lee Kiyoung, who was unknown to Kim Hyungsung growing more terrified of the current situation inside his mind, the Regressor continues.

" However, Lee Kiyoung-ssi I would be a hypocrite if I did. Like Dal-Eun, I want to be able to take my revenge. My justice for the things that I and the other people have experienced. "

Eventually, Lee Kiyoung's and Kim Hyungsung's conversation ended with the regressor giving 3 magic items to Lee Kiyoung. The 2 of those items would be given to Park Deokgu and Jung Hayan by Lee Kiyoung according to the regressor.