Chapter 9

Chapter 9: First Totems

Later, Ahn Dal-Eul left the camp once again. This time, Lee Jihye didn't follow Dal-Eul, knowing that his life wouldn't be endangered.

Despite being a kid, he wouldn't be defenseless like her. Even without a sword and shield, he can use his magic to defend himself.

After Dal-Eun left, Lee Jihye stared at the camp. With Kim Hyungsung away clearing the monster together with Park Deok-Gu and Lee Kiyoung, she decided to do something to the camp that was befitting of her position.

' It would be difficult without paper and pen to record I need to list the numbers of the people here in the camp, their classes... and even the people that don't have one. If they have a class, I should record their class. '

With the arrival of new people, Lee Jihye wasn't certain of her position in the camp. Lee Kiyoung was the same as her. But they were also different. Unlike Lee Kiyoung who accompanies Kim Hyunsung just earlier this morning on the sweeping monster and looking for supplies, Lee Jihye has remained here at the camp.

Lee Kiyoung appears to be someone who wasn't afraid to bet his life when it comes to gaining benefits. She on the other hand would remain in the camp.

Then why did she follow the kid knowing it was dangerous? She was the one responsible for the kid while Kim Hyungsung was gone. If she just let the kid die outside the camp, then Kim Hyunsung would lose his trust.

What's more, the story of the kid had already spread to some people in the camp.

She has no choice but to take a gamble.

The events yesterday were unexpected. Yet she was glad that she decided to take a gamble yesterday.

Kim Hyunsung's opinion of her was progressing. With the food and weapons that they have brought back, people have seen that she wasn't just someone who was just leeching off when Kim Hyungsung was away. She was on a different level from them.

.... It wasn't just that. What she gained yesterday was more than that.

She was glad that she chase after the kid not knowing that he was a very brilliant diamond.

Even if it wasn't the relationship that she like the kid. (Having Dal-Eun fully trust his Noona from the bottom of his heart and rely on her in emotional aspect) Purely contractual- It was better than nothing.

When the contract ends, Lee Jihye needs to gain Dal-Eun's full trust in her.

It is difficult... but it wasn't something that she couldn't let go of. She only has a limited opportunity to gain the trust of the little guy.

And it starts here in the camp.

Even with betrayal, Dal-Eun seems to still care about the trashes here in the camp. (Mostly Dal-Eun cared about the children)

She needs to put an effort into gaining the trust of Dal-Eun. If Kim Hyungsung was taken away from her, (Bastard Lee Kiyoung) She has Dal-Eun whom she could use in surviving and gaining benefits in this world.

Other than putting effort into the camp, she was also fulfilling one of the terms of their agreement. She was making sure Jung Hayan wouldn't suffer in the camp. Jihye has her delegated into a not-too-easy task and not too difficult that she would suffer.

A task that is neither too difficult nor too easy. Easy would make her the source of Jealousy while a difficult task would send a message that she was someone who everyone could bully. With the task neither too difficult nor too easy, she wouldn't draw attention.