Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Hope and Contract

        It was Afternoon when Kim Hyungsung returned to the base bringing along Lee Kiyoung, Park Deok-Gu, and Jung Hayan. To Kim Hyusung's surprise, there wasn't any Lee Jihye to greet him.

' Is she occupied by her tasks at the Base? '

Instead of Lee Jihye, they were approached by Park Hyeyoung who was sort of Lee Jihye's assistant whom Lee Jihye appointed earlier. She would be assisting Jihye when Hyungsung wasn't there and searching for supplies, killing monsters, and looking for survivors.

" Kim Hyungsung-ssi, I'm glad that you returned. "

Hyeyoung greeted politely but was still happy to see Hyungsung. There was even a trace of hopeful expectations in her eyes.

" Park Hyeyoung right? "

".. Yes, Hyungsung-ssi. "

Hyeyoung nodded eagerly. She was happy that Hyungsung recognized her.

" Where's Jihye? "

But her excitement disappeared when she heard Hyungsung's question. She looks at him with nervousness.

" I.i. Jihye-Noona.. "

" Tell him the truth Hyeyoung-ssi. "

" Make sure of it. "

Park Hyeyoung shivered as she remembered the cold look that Lee Jihye sent her. Her mouth opened and she told Kim Hyungsung what happened.

Meanwhile, the 3 bystanders were listening as Park Hyeyoung told the story to Kim Hyungsung.

Jung Hayan was hiding behind Lee Kiyoung timidly and she wasn't paying attention to the story. On the other hand, Park Deok-Gu and Lee Kiyoung are interested.

It was more for the latter.

Who is this Lee Jihye? Who is Dal-Eun?

It was irresponsible of his Regressor to just left the camp to that Lee Jihye. It was also irresponsible of that Lee Jihye to leave the control to Park Hyesoung when Kiyoung didn't see anything extraordinary out of her.

Park Hyeyoung was just ordinary and lacking. And she was unsuitable to manage this camp when Kim Hyungsung is gone.

That Lee Jihye wasn't also fit for the position.

Kim Hyungsung has a good impression of Lee Jihye. Kiyoung could use this incident in the future on damaging Lee Jihye's reputation. In case something happened between them. This is an arsenal.

While he was scheming, Lee Kiyoung was also listening to the story. But at the end of the story, Kiyoung frowned.

Lee Jihye followed the kid named Dal-Eun so that he wouldn't endanger himself.

Kiyoung doesn't know Lee Jihye's true nature. She wasn't here so he couldn't use his mind's eye and see her stats. But why would she follow a child and risk her life for the sake of that kid's safety?

It's true that if she made the child go by himself, it would taint her reputation among the people in the camp and towards Kim Hyungsung.

Is it worth it for her to risk her life for that child?

Kiyoung has a calculating gleam in his eyes.

Park Deok-Gu then decided to ask who is Dal-Eun. With a troubled expression, Kim Hyungsung answered.

" While we are clearing monsters and saving other people before we discovered this base, we came across another starting point. Dal-Eun... "

Kim Hyungsung muttered the name as if tasting it on his tongue. It was like it was something unfamiliar to him.

" We found him and I killed the monsters who were about to kill him. "

" Thank you for telling me, Hyungsung-ssi. "

Park Deok-Gu thanked Hyungsung.

' Something useful or just another trash. We shall see how useful Lee Jihye and Dal-Eun would be when they returned. '

After a while, Park Hyeyoung guided Jung Hayan to the girl's quarters. Lee Kiyoung and Park Deok-Gu talk to each other a little bit before they went to their makeshift cots and started sleeping.

That night, Kim Hyungsung left the camp to go out and went looking for both Lee Jihye and Dal-Eun.

It was as he suspected. He found Dal-Eun and Lee Jihye. To his surprise he found both of them carrying leather pouches containing water and rucksack bags containing fruits and bread. There was also a stack of weapons lying on the ground.

" Hyungsung-Oppa! "

There was a huge smile on Lee Jihye's face as she approached him.

------------------------

    After finding the remaining bits of their corpses, Ahn Dal-Eun plans to bury their remains.

But before that, Dal-Eun wanted to spend his last time with them even for new minutes.

He then gathered them together. Gathering them towards his body attempting to hug them for one last time.

When all of them died, it was like a part of his soul was ripped away from him.

With his attribute and class given to him, he hoped for a miracle.

Dal-Eun didn't find any miracle when he arrive here again. He only has his hopes crushed and it was turn into disappointment and grief.

Still, there was hope.

There was a chance that they could live again. Nothing was impossible in this world.

After all, some people that died here have been resurrected.

But first...

Dal-Eun placed the remains of his friends gently on the ground before standing up and gazing at Lee Jihye.

" Jihye-Noona do you want to know a secret? "

There was a mischievous smile on Dal-Eun's face as he asked Lee Jihye the question.

With an innocent and curious expression, Jihye approached Dal-Eun and asked.

" What is it Dongsaeng? "

With a grin on his face, Dal-Eun replied.

" Let's form a contract first! "

Even though he didn't see the spirit of his friends, Dal-Eun can sense the wild and untamed elements and low-grade spirits with him.

" Contract? "

The harmless expression disappeared replace by a cautious glance.

" We don't have any paper or any kind of substitute for a written agreement. But we can have a verbal contract Jihye-Noona. "

It was natural for Lee Jihye to drop her act when she found herself treading the unknown.

" As expected. you aren't an ordinary kid. "

" Yes, Dal-Eun isn't ordinary. Would you want to make a fair contract Noona? "

" Equality doesn't exist. You are proof of that."

Lee Jihye told him.

" You got an attribute related to contracts and good stats. On the other hand, I am blessed with trash stats and talent, kid. "

Dal-Eun watched as Lee Jihye tearfully 'lamented' her fate.

" If this contract can give me benefits and something that I can agree... "

Lee Jihye's eyes gleamed with greed as she licked her lips.

" ..then who I am to deny my surprise little sweet Dongsaeng? "