Chapter 7

Chapter 7: An unknown stranger

     It was a complete coincidence that Kim Hyungsung encountered Ahn Dal-Eun. They were on their way to 'coincidentally' finding a place to establish their survival camp when their group encountered Dal-Eun.

It was a surprise for Kim Hyungsung to find Dal-Eul. A boy who was around 10-12 years old defended himself against those monsters. His grip on his sword was still tight even though his body has clear traces of exhaustion. Soaked with blood, with monsters that could kill the child at any moment. Kim Hyungsung took action to save the child from those monsters.

" ..Will you betray us too? "

It was cruel for the child to experience and witness the ugliness of humanity that has to offer.

Since he already saves other people, he would save the child too.

" No, I promise that we wouldn't betray you. "

With the gentlest smile that he could offer, he told a lie that he wouldn't certain he would be able to fulfill. He would try but he wasn't certain if the people who would be in his future with him could maintain that promise.

-----

While Kim Hyungsung was greeted by Lee Jihye enthusiastically, he gave a glance to Dal-Eun who was holding the leather pouches and bag of bread that the child found together with Lee Jihye.

When Kim Hyungsung found the child also staring at him, he directed the child with a warm smile.

A hesitant smile was returned to him before the child averted his gaze. Seeing the interaction, Lee Jihye interrupted.

" Hyungsung-Oppa, I'm glad that you came for us.. but it was disappointing that this wouldn't be a surprise for you and the other people. "

" Your lives and safety are more important than a surprise... "

A gentle smile was then directed at Lee Jihye and Ahn Dal-Eun.

" I still appreciate the help and your thoughtfulness... Jihye-ssi, Dal-Eun... Thank you. "

Jihye and Dal-Eun both stared at Hyungsung in a daze.

They were both momentarily blinded and feel the heat creeping up on their faces before they calmed down.

Dal-Eun was already crying inside his mind.

'Fuck.. so handsome. I'm so jealous.'

But it was to be expected. Like the Sub protagonist of ORV Yoo Jooyuk, he was also handsome.

Yoo Joohyuk. Regressor

Kim Hyungsung. Regressor

Both are unfairly handsome.

Those two Bastards.

But he was being a little unfair towards Kim Hyungsung.

Yoo Joohyuk was indeed a cold bastard.

But Hyungsung was kind and had fairly good intentions.

He then learned the power of 'friendship' with Lee Kiyoung and the others.

Then something, something Lee Kiyoung happened and it derailed.

" I am glad that you are awake Dal-Eun. It is nice to properly meet you. "

Dal-Eun bowed his head and replied.

" It is also nice to meet you Hyungsung-Hyung. "

Seeing Dal-Eun holding a lot of leather pouches in his hand, Hyunsung offered his assistance.