unexpected

Sid is sitting on a bench with his head resting on his palms. He is continuously tapping his feet and murmuring something.

“Sid?” he heard and raised his head to find Sukh ji and Pammi ji standing there with moist eyes. He immediately hugged him.

“I am sorry…. I am sorry… I couldn’t keep my promise…. I failed to protect her….. I am sorry” he said shuttering while Sukh ji patted his back.

“shhhh… don’t say like this, where is she?” asked Sukh ji.
“there” Sid pointed towards the ward room of a hospital.

“how did all this happen?” Sukh ji asked making Sid look at him with guilty eyes.

“we were on are way to airport when she saw a chaat shop nearby and started insisting of having it. I refused but you know she is stubborn. She again insisted so I had to agree. I got out to buy chaat for her. But…..”

Flashback.

Sid bought the chaaat and he was coming back when he saw Sana running on road and there was truck coming on her way. Sid shouted her name to stop her but she didn’t hear, throwing the chaat away he ran towards her and again yelled her name.

“Shehnaaz”

The kid ran to other Side of road making Sana took sigh of relief she turned and saw a truck coming towards her making her startle. Her feet were grounded on road and she wasn’t able to move

“Shehnaaz get aside” Sid again yelled but Sana vision was getting blurry.

Truck was about to hit her when Sid pushed her and himself he jumped to save themselves.
But Sana fell harshly on the side of road and hit her head on iron object.

“Shehnaaz” Sid yelled again as he saw blood coming out her head, he immediately got up, he was wounded too but without caring for his bleeding knees he ran towards Sana

“Shehnaaz….Sh…” he said keeping her head on his lap while Sana looked at him hazy eyes.

Her head was hurting badly her vision was getting blurry, she could hear Sid’s voice, she could hear his cries and pleading and she wanted to hug and tell him to stop crying she was feeling numb and her eyes were getting heavy, it was getting hard for her to keep eyes open.

“Sanuu… Shehnaaz don’t close your eyes please… look at him…. Don’t do this…” Sid said patting her cheeks. He was finding it difficult to breathe seeing his love in such a bad condition.

The crowd was gathered around them “take her to hospital”  said the driver who was standing there with a worried expression.

Sid looked towards him and immediately picked Sana in his arms

“don’t worry baby we are going to hospital. You will get fine… just don’t close your eyes” Sid said making Sana lie in the car with her head in his lap.

Sana just looked at him with half opened eyes, she was feeling excruciating pain in her head and her senses were getting numb. She wanted to keep her eyes open but they were getting heavy.

Sid held her palms and started rubbing them “just few minutes baby…..” Sid said and wrapped his handkerchief around her head to stop the blood. He was feeling helpless seeing her in pain. He wanted to take away all her pain. he kissed all over face and continuously rubbing her palms to give her strength.

“please drive fast… please” he requests the driver as he saw San struggling to keep her eyes open.

Tears were flowing from Sana’s eyes not because of her pain but seeing Sid crying. Her wound was not hurting her but Sid’s pleads were. She was feeling helpless too and was struggling hard to keep her eyes open but her senses betrayed her she started seeing black dots in front her eyes.