12. A Love Across Border

Prince Dylan de Helios ________

________

Chapter 12

Recognition dawned on Lyra's face as she quickly moves her hand with the knife back,

"Dylan.."

"Lyra.."

Dylan subsequently lowers his sword as Xavier does the same.

"Oh my god! Are you alright? I deeply apologize. Does it hurt?"

Her eyes shift towards the cheek that was slightly bleeding as she extends her hand to caress it. However, she becomes aware of how close she is to him, which causes her to take a few steps back.

"I apologize too. I was about to injure you."

"No need because you didn't. What are you doing here? Why were you following me?"

"I'm not following you."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see the city."

"Therefore your aide didn't sight me by chance leaving the palace and then informed you?"

"You saw him?"

"I noticed someone and figured it was him."

"Well, then I was following you."

"Why?"

"A princess who stays locked up in her hole voluntarily decides to leave the palace. Why? It would make anyone curious."

"I already described to you how it is suffocating inside the Palace. This is why I sneak out here from time to time. It relaxes me when I help people and realize how simple life is."

She adds while motioning both of them to follow her.

"Has no one recognized you?"

"I don't think so. I go by the name Belle. Ah! Please do refer to me as Belle when we are out here."

Dylan smiles thinking about how innocent she is.

"Then refer to me as Dylan as well."

"Alright."

As she led them in the marketplace to a nearby pharmacy. She got medicine and tape.

She looked around for a public bench to sit at and motioned him to sit.