47. LUDICROUS CHATTER

PRINCESS ASTRID AMARA DE ANEMOI ____________

____________

Chapter 47

Astrid who had finished packing, decided to roam the old parts of the main palace as she was desperate out of a sudden missing her mother terribly. Roaming the hallways where their memories were embedded she felt nostalgic as well as sadness for the past that will never come. There was some part of the palace which was being renovated on the orders of Lyra.

However, Medea objected to this. Lyra who had more authority in regards to this claimed that Medea had no right to interfere. Unfortunately, despite all that, Lyra had to step back since King Derek stepped in and said it wasn't necessary to spend a great deal of money on this even if Lyra says all of this will be funded by her personal savings.

As Astrid looked at the traces left by the workers who had come to work but left before they could start, she overheard someone talk from the other side of the hallway,

"I cant believe the drama they both pulled at your party. How dare they!"

"What is worse is that after creating such a ruckus, they both are going on their trips!"

"If it helps, Lyra's reputation did end up being ruined slightly as people think of her as arrogant."

"Ha! That is what she gets for making us bow to her. How dare she, that arrogant wench."

"What about those people that have stopped taking loans from us or even doing any sort of dealings with us?"

"That goddamn Atlas and Vile have been only persecuting those that have been in contact with us."

"Believe you me, it is all strategic plotting against us. To make us lose our contacts and all our dealings."

"What now?"

"They both are going their separate ways. We will have time to get back our reputation."

"Mother, how come they get invited to such trips or envoys and not us? I want to visit Gaia or Helios as well."

"Don't worry my dear, we shall go."

"But how? Astrid was personally invited by the Queen of Helios whereas Lyra is off to a political meeting."

"I can't say anything regarding Helios but as for Gaia, they are bound to hold a welcoming party for her, no?"

"Perhaps so."

The women whose voice sounded like Medea snickered,

"Well then that settles it. Karen and I will go to attend the party. I will ask Oscar to find out when that party is being held. And then we shall go there on the pretext that we are worried about our dear Lyra who was travelling alone for the first time. Also, it comes in handy that Derek doesn't know about Lyra going. Thus we can let him know and tell him how we shall go and look over Lyra. This way we will get Derek's permission and we won't seem like outsiders intruding in the party."