40. ASTRID IS LETTING HER HAIR DOWN

PRINCESS ASTRID AMARA DE ANEMOI _____________

_____________

Chapter 40

While preparations of the party went on, Astrid laid relaxed in the greenhouse on a swing, all the while holding the thick book. One would think she is busy reading however, her eyes were shut as the wind blew past and danced in her rain. The book, just like her, rested on her chest.

Suddenly, a shadow appeared on her face. The shadow belonged to a man whose hands reached forward to pick up the book which was near to fall on the ground.

He looks at it to find that she had barely read a single paragraph before falling asleep.

Chuckling to himself, he then calls out to her,

"Princess Astrid."

"Princess."

"..."

No response. She slept as if she had no worries in the world.

He tried to make a noise to grab her attention, however fails to do so.

Sighing, he bends on his knees and then whispers a bit loudly in her ear,

"Princess Astrid, please wake up."

However this attempt too fails as Astrid merely sways her hand and continues to snore softly.

Humming, the man tries to think of a way to wake her up.

He then nudges her shoulder multiple times gently but that too does not work.

Finally, he sees how late it is getting that he then stands up and suddenly bellows,

"Oh my god! A mouse! There is a mouse near you!"

Upon his call, Astrid screams and abruptly stands up.

"Where? Where?"

She looks here and there and then blinkling, she looks at the man laughing in front of her.

"Alexander? What are you doing here?"

"Forgive me for the lie. I have been trying to wake you up for a while now. Mother is looking for you."

"Oh right. I forgot. When will the party begin?"

"In about two hours."

"Oh my, then it seems I have no time to waste."

Saying so, she runs quickly without ever looking back at the book in Alexander's hand.

While Astrid and the Queen were getting ready for the party, as they had changed clothes and were currently getting their hair done, a maid comes rushing in.

"Pardon me for intruding, but by chance is His Highness Prince Dylan here?"

"No. Is everything alright?"