50. HER HAVEN

GRAND PRINCE DYLAN DE HELIOS_________

_________

Chapter 50

Before long in came Dylan and Mildred. Lyra couldn't take her gaze off of Dylan as she kept hoping he would sit next to her. Likewise, Dylan also kept staring at her. He was going in the direction of sitting next to her when the Queen Mother suddenly got up and exclaimed,

"Oh my! Prince Dylan! Please come and sit here. Come on."

She brings Dylan to sit next to her.

Even though the room was huge but it was rather empty with only two sofas facing each other and a table in between. The curtains of the window were fluttering away due to the wind. As the rest of the room was filled with void and huge vases and other decor pieces.

Dylan a bit taken aback, in order to be polite ends up sitting next to the Queen, right in front of Lyra. Meanwhile, Mildred naturally ends up sitting next to Lyra.

Lyra although was a bit disappointed, she smiles at Dylan as he smiles back all the while she was internally thinking,

'Perhaps this isn't so bad as this way I can see his face.'

Throughout the discussion, the Queen Mother kept trying to find common interest between Lyra and Mildred, all the while ignoring Dylan. In order to not be rude, she would turn to Dylan from time to time only to ask him to eat more. Lyra knew where this was going whereas, Dylan felt this to be weird but did not come to the conclusion since such a thought would never enter his mind.

"Mildred, Princess Lyra was telling me she loves archery. You should take her to the barracks and have a practice match."

"Ah no, I am not that good. I just practice it as a past time from time to time."

Lyra tried to politely decline but Queen Mother Danielle was persistent and motioned  Mildred to say something who in return awkwardly remarked,

"Still, being skilled at archery is quite admirable."

Mildred then glanced at Dylan and added,

"But if we are talking about experience, I believe you are quite good at it. I have heard rumours of your skills all the way here in Gaia."

"I hope they were good rumours."

Dylan replied to which Mildred nodded,

"Ofcourse. They were all praises."

"How nice. Why don't you have some more biscuits, Prince Dylan?"

Queen Mother stated as she then again reverts her attention and tries to steer the conversation towards Lyra and Mildred,

"Also, Mildred. It would be a shame if our dear guest were to go back without seeing the hills of Thalia. It is our most beautiful sacred and breathtaking place. You go there by horse riding. Princess Lyra told me she is not adept at it, but I believe you can still take her there right?"