My brother?

I wake up to the sound of a annoying rigging, I look over at the side of by bed to see my hello kitty alarm clock. I poke the top but it won't turn off, I pick it up and lightly bang it on the corner of my nightstand. Ugh, mommy!

I pick it up and walk out of my room, alarm clock in hand. I walk into mommy and daddy's bedroom an throw it on their bed. "Huh? Sweetie what are you doing?" Mommy says picking up the clock. "Make it stop!" I say plugging my ears.

Mommy laughs and touches the button at the top, "Sweetie start to get ready for school." I groan and get back under their covers, I hear a growl. I scream and run out of the room. No monsters under the bed monsters under the bed!

I run into my bedroom and grab my favorite outfit. My white sweater and black pants mommy always takes out for me. I walked back out to watch mommy walk out of her bedroom. "Hey sweetie, wow you didn't need help today?" She asked me smiling.

"No mommy I'm a big girl now, I don't need help anymore." I say going on my tiptoes to show how tall I am. "Well then let's go make you some breakfast, how about pancakes?" She asked picking me up. "Yeah! Can I drive myself to school?"

"Uh how about you sit in the front seat?" She said laughing a little. "Oh yay!" I say jumping. "Being six has it privileges," she says laughing.

After I finished my chocolate chip pancakes, mommy drove me to school. When we got there I saw a bunch of kids running and playing. "Ok sweetie can you find your way to your class?" Mommy asked me holding my hand.

"I think I can find it myself." I say hugging her. "Ok, if you need me tell the teacher. And if a kid is bullying you tell me, an if-"

"Ok mommy I'm fine, I'll see you when you pick me up later." I say kissing her cheek and running off. I find my teacher and walk straight into my classroom. I put all my stuff in my cubby and walk over to my table.

"Hey kiddos! Today we have a new student here today...." She said telling someone to come in. "Say hi to Nicki everyone!"

"Hi Nicki!" Everyone says returning back to their coloring book or puzzle. I get up and walk over to her, she just finished putting her lunchbox in her cubby. "Hi I'm Ariel," I say waving my hand.

"Hi, I'm Nicki."

"You wanna sit with me at my table?" I ask pointing at the table at the far corner of the room. "Sure!" She jumped and ran for our table.

"Can I borrow your pink crayon?" Nicki asks me giving me back my blue one.

"Fine," I say giving it to her.

"All right kids it's time to pack up, your parents will be here any minute!" I hear the teacher say. I gather my crayons and stuff them in my box. I put all my stuff back in my backpack and sit at my table waiting for my mom.

"Hi Ariel do you want a goldfish?" Nicki asks running up to me.

"Yeah I'm hungry!" I say taking a handful. She giggles and sits down next to me. "So what's your favorite color?" She asked me.

"Blue, what's yours?"

"Teal, what's your favorite food?"

"Don't have one, what about you?"

"I like brownies, do you have and siblings?"

"Uh-"

"Ariel sweetie over here!" I hear someone call I look over to see mommy waving hi.

"Sorry I have to go, I'll see you on Monday!" I say waving bye.

"Who was that?" Mommy asks me taking my backpack.

"The new girl! She's really nice her name in Nicki." I say walking with mommy to the car.

"Cool, but uh sweetie there is someone I want you to meet..." Mommy says smiling.

"Oh yeah? Who is it?" I ask opening the car door. When I do I find a boy sitting across from me, he has black hair really blue eyes and is playing on a DS.

"Uh Ariel this is Xavier your new brother!" She said smiling. When I look at his eyes it feels like I'm in a dream. There is something about him that seems weird. "Hey," he said giving me his hand. I take it and he pulled me into the car.

"Hi." I say smiling.

"So how was school?" He asked sitting back in his seat. Why does he care? "Fine why?" I say putting on my seatbelt.

"Well apparently I have to go to..." he said rolling his eyes.

"Really? That's so cool!" I say almost jumping out of my seat. He laughs a little and nods his head.

"Yeah," he said putting his DS away.

"Cool, oh mom can we get Ice Cream?" I ask tapping her shoulder. I could see Xavier smile at the corner of my eye. "Fine...." she smiles.

"Yes!" Xavier and I say at the same time, "Jinx!"

"Double Jinx!"

"Triple Jinx!"

I say triple jinx before he could. I start laughing and so does mommy. "Dang it," he said smiling. I giggle.

"So have you met daddy?" I ask looking at him.

"Yeah he seems pretty cool," he said nodding his head.

"Ok what's your favorite color?"

"Black"

"When is your birthday?"

"It was just about two days ago."

"Oh mine was yesterday, happy late birthday?!" I say waving my hands. He laughs.

"Uh favorite food?"

"Don't have one," See! I'm not the only one.

"How old are you?"

"I'm eight," huh.

"How about favorite ice cream?" Mom says jumping out of the car.

"Mint chocolate chip." Xavier and I say at the same time.

"Jinx!"