The breakup?

'Hey can you meet me at the park?' I check the text from Brice. We have been together for about nine months now, life has been perfectly fine. Xavier is learning how to take over the pack, and dad of course is helping, and mom is out working.

'Uh sure ;)' I grab the keys to the Dodge and my jacket. "I'll see you guys later!" I yell.

"Ok be safe!" I hear my dad yell.

"Don't die!" I hear Xavier yell. I smile and close the door, I head into the car and drive to the park. What are we doing? When I get there I sit on the hood and look at my text messages. 'Can you meet me at the park?' Does that seem suspicious? As in good or bad? "Oh uh hey Ariel," Brice says nervously.

"Oh hey uh what's up?" I ask putting my phone away.

"Uh look Ariel,"

"Yeah...?" Now I'm starting to get nervous, like those butterflies you get in your stomach before you go on a roller coaster you have always been afraid of going on, but of course you finally face your fears and actually have a good time on it. Well I don't think this will be a good time.

"I'm sorry but, how do I say this..." He said tapping his foot. "I'm breaking up with you..." he said sighing.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry but I think it's for the best..." he said smiling.

"W-why?" I ask at the bridge of tears.

"It just will be I'm sorry, you understand right?" He asked holding his hand out to me. I just stare at it. He sighs and kisses my cheek, "Sorry." he said backing away. I stayed in that exact spot for about 15 minutes before finally getting up. H-he just broke up with me.

I can't believe it, why were we together then? Why did I ever like him? I get out of my car and head inside trying to hold back my tears. I open the door to see Xavier leaning against a wall looking at papers. "Oh hey, what's wrong?" He asked looking at me.

"N-nothing..." I say making my way upstairs. "Ariel you and I both know that's not true...." Xavier says with sadness in his eyes.

"He broke up with me..." I say letting the tears fall from my face.

"What?" He asked surprised.

"Brice, he just broke up with me." I say sitting on my bed, I tried to have a steady voice but it didn't work.

I could hear Xavier growl for a second, he looks at me and calms down. "Sorry," he said sitting next to me.

"I-I can't believe I wasted nine months of my life for him," I say angrily wiping away my tears. He sighs and pulls me into a hug, I just cry onto his shoulder hoping this was all just a dream and I can wake up, forgetting everything, even Brice. "It's ok," he whispered in my ear.

I looked at him and his eyes were green, "What did you need Ace?" I ask still crying.

"Well he didn't know what to say, so I took over." he said wiping away my tears. "What happened?" He asked.

"Well he texted me to meet him at the park and when I got there he got straight to the point. He said that its for the best, but what's the best?" I say brawling.

"The best is that you aren't with him anymore,"

"Yeah I guess... "

"Remember though you still have your mate in the future?" I could see sadness behind his eyes. "And- ugh I can't do this.... I can't do pep talks.." He said shrugging. I giggle a little at his statement. He smiles, "It's good to know that I can still make you laugh though." I smile knowing he cares.

Over time I could see his eyes turn back to brown, he slid me onto his lap and hugged me from behind. This brings me back to the times I had nightmares and he would help me. I smile and rest my head on his shoulder.

There was one dream I remember....

....................................

"We need to kill her and her family!" A man said.

"We can't kill Lycans George!" The Blonde man said.

"I don't care! They deserve to suffer for what they did to us!" I could hear an inhuman growl bounce off the walls.

...............................................

Wait was that a werewolf growl? But before I knew it I was asleep next to Xavier.

.....................................................

Xavier's POV

He did it, he broke up with her. I knew it, he isn't fit to be beta. 'Dad please kick Brice Willson and his family out of the pack...' I mind link him.

'Wait isn't he with Ariel?' Dad asked surprised.

'Not anymore...' I growl back. I don't get a response. My grip tightens around Ariel every time she moves. I'm afraid, she is the only close family member I have ever had. What if I loose her? Just like my parents.... Of course they were killed....

But what if I loose her to someone else? I'll never have my baby sister anymore... and her mate.... I growl at the thought. No I can't let it happen....

not again...