Present Day....

So now that you are caught up with my life we are finally here at present day. Well I'm now 17 and Xavier is of course 19 he still hasn't found his mate yet but whenever I bring it up his eyes fill with sadness, and he tries to change the subject. He does have a girlfriend named Victoria, she's kinda... nice....You know my two friends Joyce and Nicki? Well Joyce still has some classes with me, and I sometimes help Nicki with her school projects.

Luckily there was a college right near our house that I never new about and I got in, and surprisingly Xavier did too, of course. So at the moment it's a couple days before my eighteenth birthday and Xavier is less talkative than usual. I mean he will talk to me when I ask him questions, but he would sometimes say something, I usually didn't have to do all the work.....

"So what are you planning to do for your birthday?" Joyce asks me.

"I'm not sure, I don't think I'm going to do anything." I say shrugging.

"Aww come on, you have to do something for your birthday."

"I can't I have extra credit work I still have to do," I say sighing.

"Aren't you an honor student anyway? You skipped a grade!" She said annoyed.

"Yep but I want to stay in college thank you very much," I say walking into the school lounge.

"Oh come on," she said taking a seat in front of me.

"Nope."

"Ok fine, what about your mate?" She asks pulling her computer out.

"Huh?"

"You know who do you think your mate is?"

"I have no idea...." I growl. Luckily this is an all werewolf school, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a wolf run across campus.

"Uh huh, so how is Xavier?"

"Fine, I guess." He isn't talking much these days, it makes me nervous.

"What do you mean 'I guess'?"

"Well he isn't talking much, and I... well I don't know."

"Hmm, weird." she says checking her watch. "Shit..." she whispers "Sorry I go to go, tell everyone I say hi." She says running out the doors. So the rest of the day wasn't so bad, I corrected some people, didn't sit with anyone, haven't seen Xavier for a while. Now I'm just walking back home.... alone...

I need to ask Xavier what's going on. I reach to open the door but I could hear a terrible screeching noise. I could hear Carly howl, and my vision becomes blurry. 'We can't kill L-l-l-Lycans George!' The voice my dream, a Lycan....

"Ariel!" I hear Xavier's muffled voice. I could see black dots clouding my vision. I could heard a door shut, and the noise was gone. "What was that?!" I scream.

"Are you ok?" Xavier asked.

"Lycans, we can't kill Lycans...." I repeat.

"What?" Xavier asked surprised. I run to dads office to see he's there looking at papers. "Dad Lycans, what do we know about Lycans?" I ask out of breath.

"Sweetie are you ok?" He asked.

"No no no I'm not I need you to tell me about Lycans..." I could feel Carly become unstable. That stupid no good dog whistle.

"Well they are the strongest type of werewolf, they a immune to silver, they are rare, they can't be killed." I start to growl, Carly calm down!

"Ariel what's wrong?!" Xavier asked helping me stand.