My brother My Mate? What?!

I wake to a mouth watering smell of vanilla and cherries. Carly, you smell that? 'Ugh I feel awful, that stupid whistle...' she groans.

'Wait do you smell that?' Yeah what is it? 'It's our mate....' she says purring. Really? Do you know who it is? 'No... Whoever it was they're gone.' It's ok, we will find him later. She doesn't respond. Fine, I won't let this bring me down on my birthday. "Happy Birthday Ariel!" I hear someone say. I look at my door to see Joyce and Nicki barging in.

"We are here to make you pretty for your mate!" Joyce says excited.

"Ugh, no....." I groan
....................................................

"You look fine..." Joyce says walking with me to my next class.

"I feel like a gothic clown.... and this outfit? Ugh I hate heels..." I whine trying to walk straight.

"You'll be fine, you look fine, and your mate will love you." she said smiling. 'I hope so' Carly whines.

"Oh I have to go, see you later!" She says running back the way we came. "Bye!" I yell after her, I walk back to class. In an instant I was hit with the mouth watering smell. I look around and it hits me I stare into his eyes, my mate.

I am petrified, I can't move. I could hear an earth trembling growl, he was there my mate. But he was staring not at me but behind me, I turn to see a gun pointed at my forehead. "So these are the alpha's kids? Ha! Them Lycans?" He said pulling back the trigger.

It's him, the idiot from my dream. That was a real? "Yeah, the legends..." the man behind him says. "Well this would be more easy than planned, good thing she didn't find her mate..." he starts growling. B-but I did... I did!

He pulled the trigger and I waited for the pain, but it never came. I look to see the gun still pointed at me but the man with a stunned face. I looked at my hand to see... the bullet?! "H-how?" I could feel him become frightened.

I smile, "Did you want this back?" I ask.

"But that's silver, that should burn you!" He says backing away. I could feel Carly start to surface. "You can't kill Lycans..." She growls. She throws the bullet back and it goes straight through him, dead.

"Now, tell me..." I say stepping over the, now, dead body.

"How did you find us?" She asks innocently.

"You, you and your pack shall die." he growls.

"Ok we will but tell me pretty boy," Carly growls. "Are you alpha?"

"Depends who's asking," he says backing away. Carly smiles. "Aww come on, play fair." she says putting her hand on his chest. In a instant his heart is in our hand, "Oops times up." She says moving back to the corner of my mind.

I am paralyzed, I can't move. A heart is in my hand. "A-Ariel?" I hear Xavier. I turn to look at him, his eyes are full of fear. I drop the heart, and look around. I just killed a person, flirted with the other and killed him. What is wrong with me?!

"A-are you ok?" He asks again.

"No." I say staring at my blood covered hands. "What did I just do?" Xavier is silent, I look up to see he is still just staring at me. H-he's my mate? How? What? Wait no he can't he's my brother...! 'He was adopted' Carly says. What the hell is wrong with you?! I scream.

'What?' She asked. You just freaking killed a person! 'There were two people..' She says simply. Yeah WERE! I looked at myself, I just liked two people without getting a scratch on me... I look up to see Xavier slowly walking closer. I guess I didn't know I was crying till he wiped the tears away. I felt tiny sparks run along my cheek.