Beyond Repair

(Emily's pov) 

I stood, looking out the window at the street of muggles. I was envious of them; they were oblivious to the fact that their life's were in danger, they were oblivious to the fact that the wizarding world was on the brink of war and that all the ministry were doing was sitting around, dissing everybody from Dumbledore to Harry to me. My speech at Ced's funeral didn't go unnoticed by the media and I was just a 'murderous crackpot' apparently.

"You okay?" I heard a voice say behind me but I didn't turn from the window.

"I'm fine," I said. I didn't turn but I heard his footsteps beside me. I could feel his presence. Your father is supposed to be a comforting familiarity but he felt like a stranger to me.

"You loved him, didn't you?" He stared at me, long and hard; but I continued to stare out the window.

"I'm too young to love anybody," I said blankly. He looked at me, incredulous.

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard you say," he replied and I snapped (again).

"You haven't heard me say things a lot though, have you? No! Because before you left I could hardly say anything and now you spend most of your time with Harry or speaking to me about Harry. Everything is about Harry. The stupid boy who lived Harry Potter. You just want your old best friend but he's dead. He's dead just like Cedric and Mum and Lily and many more," I snapped but then covered my mouth with my hand.

"I-I didn't mean that"I said but he shook his head.

"You're right and I want to make up for that lost time"he said,completely blanking the 'James' part but I could see tears forming in his eyes.

"I-I have to go"I stuttered and left the room.Whats wrong with me?Why would I do that?He was just asking me if I loved Cedric.Did I love Cedric?

"I don't know"I mumbled.

"Don't know what?"I heard a voice behind me ask and I jumped before turning around and pointing my wand at the persons heart.

"Hey,calm down Emily"Remus said and I lowered my wand.

"Sorry,I'm a bit jumpy recently"I replied and he nodded.

"We all are"Remus said"The Weasley's will be here soon so make yourself presentable" he said smiling at my top that he got me in my third year for Christmas, 'sleep,eat, prank' it said. Honestly I haven't pranked in ages, pranking is a luxury that I can't have now and it's not fun anymore because all the adults just give me pitying looks and tell me not to do it again.

"I will"I replied shortly before walking into my room.It was horrible and dark and I didn't like it at all but the other rooms are no better.

I smiled before picking up a yellow and black top.Cedric gave it to me, 'now you're a true Hufflepuff ' he said. I smiled and put in on with black jeans.

"I'm a Hufflepuff"I giggled but soon stopped. That was the moment that I realised I was turning into Sev,cold and emotionless,snapping at people for no reason.I frowned before going down the long and narrow stairs, passing the previous house elf's heads.I wasn't going to end up like Sev,would I?I suppose I'm like him...a lot but I'm not,right?

"Hey Sev"I said from behind him and he jumped.I wasn't the only one jumpy recently,Sev had been even more jumpy if that was even possible.

"I am going to leave before the Weasley's come"he said 'Weasley' as if it was poison but I ignored him.Sev made his way towards the door but before he reached it,it banged open.I heard Sev groan and I chuckled.

"Emily!"I heard two voices exclaim and I turned around with a big grin on my face and a second later I was attacked by two identical gingers.

"Fred!George!Its so good to see you"I said and they smiled at me.