Owls

(Emily's pov) 

The days following the match were great.We partied and partied and all the members of the them were treated like royalty and then June was upon us.June?Yes June.Its only a mouth but not to us fifth years.It means OWL's.

The teachers were no longer setting us homework; lessons were devoted to revising those topics the teachers thought most likely to come up in the exams.

Charms was my first exam.I sat beside Cece and Viola in the common room.Viola just pretty much calls the place home but refuses to sleep here. Stupid Slytherin pride.

"I'm going to fail and then die"Cece moaned and banged her head off the table.This earned her a few glares from the other studying OWL and NEWT students.

"You're not.Charms is your best subject"I said and it was true.She's amazing at charms.She sighed and looked longingly outside.

"It's time for dinner"I said,putting my book down.

We didn't talk at dinner much.Viola had developed a nervous habit of hardly eating anything while Cece just ate desserts.

"That's not healthy"I said and she frowned but still continued to eat the chocolate cake.

"That's the examiners"Viola whispered pointing out the door where a group of old witches and wizards were.

"We should go study now"Cece said and we walked back to the common room.

Everybody was trying to do last minute revision but it wasn't working very well.Cece was asleep,her head leaning on Seamus' shoulders,who was doodling on his book.Viola had long retreated back to the Room of Requirement and I just read my book over and over again.

The next morning breakfast was quiet. The full moon was in a couple of days and Viola looked terrible.I'm just glad I don't have to do it.The cut is still scared and I highly doubt that it ever will heal at this stage.

We were told to wait outside and then to enter again and the great hall no longer had the four house tables but single tables,all evenly spaced from each other.

"You may begin"McGonagall said.

I looked at the first question: a) Give the incantation and b) describe the wand movement required to make objects fly.

I remember my first charms lesson in Beauxbatons.We practised the levitating charm and Chrsitine set hers on fire.Wingardium Leviosa

"That was alright I suppose"I said and Cece nodded while Viola frowned. Practicals were held after lunch and I was one of the first people to be called with Hannah Abbott,Terry Boot and Lavender Brown.

I made my way to Professor Tofty's table as I was assigned to him.

"Black is it?' said Professor Tofty, consulting his notes and peering over his pince-nez at Harry as he approached. "The famous murderer's daughter"

I bit my tongue so I don't say something I regret.I gave him a tight smile and he returned it with enthusiasm.

"That's it,'he said in his quavery old voice, "no need to be nervous. Now, if I could ask you to take this egg cup and make it do some cartwheels for me."

Overall I think I did pretty good.I perfected the Levitation,Colour Change and Growth Charms and I'm pretty sure I did good on all the others.

We all had no time to relax at all that night as we had Transfiguration the next day.

I think I did reasonably well in Transfiguration but I think my teapot turned into a turtle instead of a tortoise.Whats the difference anyway?Turtles are just as cool!