Detention

(Emily's pov) 

"Bit too much Irish pride Finnegan"I said,walking past him in the common room.Last night the twins and I put green skin dye into his shower gel and he now had dark green skin.

"Feck off Black"he snapped and I smirked at him.He wasn't the only one who got pranked last night,Umbridge did too,except her skin wasn't green,it was pink.

I woke up in a great mood and I ignored the whispers about me that were echoing the hall.

"Hello Viola"I said,sitting down beside her at the Slytherin table(receiving plenty of glares but I shrugged them off).

"What's got you so chipper today?"she asked but her voice was muffled because of the toast she was eating.

"I dunno maybe you should look around the hall"I said smirking and Viola looked around confused before she saw the pink professor and the green Gryffindor.

"You didn't have to dye Finnegan green"she said casually.

"But he hurt Cece"I said and she smirked.

"I put a boil potion in his pumpkin juice"she said quietly and just that moment a shriek was heard from the other side of the hall just as Cece walked in.

She looked shocked for a moment before walking over to us.

"Emily!I told you not to do anything" she whispered and I pointed to Viola.

"What?I was put in Slytherin for a reason"she defended but the smirk on her face was evident.

"Who did this to Mr Finnegan and to me?"Umbridge's annoying voice ring out and her eyes searched the Gryffindor table.I ducked under the Slytherin table and then she realised I wasn't there and sat back down looking dejected.

"Wait I'm a metamorphmagus!"I said and changed my dark hair to orange and sat back up.

"Nice hair"Cece commented and I nodded.

In charms and transfiguration,both Flitwick and McGonagall made long speeches about the OWL's and gave us a lot of homework to add to the already rather large pile.

My good mood was soon deflated as I walked to Care for Magical Creatures.

"She only hates me because I was late"I groaned and Cece giggled along with Neville.

"And the unicorn didn't like you" Neville added.

"And you nearly punched Draco"Cece said laughing and my hair turned pink.

"Miss Black are you paying attention?"Grubby-Plank snapped as I stared at the ground,that exact place last year I broke down and cried.

"Miss Black if you are not going to pay attention you can-"but she stopped as she looked at my face.

"Leave"she finished but kinder this time and I walked off,aware of the stares I was receiving from the class.

I groaned before kicking the nearby wall.I can't even go to class without nearly breaking down.

"Emily?"I heard somebody ask and I turned around to see Fred and George.

"Oh hey"I said casually as of they didn't just see me hit the wall.

"Why aren't you in class?"Fred asked and I shrugged.

"Got kicked out because I wasn't paying attention"I said.It wasn't a lie,I just wasn't telling the whole truth.

"You can help us with the joke shop" the exclaimed and I spend the rest if the double period helping them with their ideas and what potions would be useful.