Sanity is overrated

(Emily's pov) 

I sat there on the cold floor,staring at the dark green wall.No tears fell from my eyes, crying was nearly physically impossible for me now.I turned around to see dad standing there, concern etched on his face.I don't deserve his concern,I've been nothing but horrible to him.

I crawled over to the newspaper and picked it up.

'Due to stand trial on the 12th of August' it said.

"Why did nobody tell me?"I asked,my voice shaking slightly.

"You have enough on your plate"dad said and I nodded.

"How could I have been involved?"I asked and he glared at the floor.

"You disappeared for awhile after the third task,this didn't go unnoticed. They also want to blame you for something,you're my child and you're claiming that Voldemort is back.They want to make you seem like a murderous mad-woman"he explained and I nodded.

"I'm sorry for everything"I mumbled and he nodded.

"You were right though"he said grimly.

"That doesn't mean I should have said it"I replied.

"I should probably sleep,I'll see you tomorrow"I said,crawling into my bed.

"Night Em"he said,kissing my forehead.

"Night dad"I said as he left.I didn't get any sleep that night though.

I sat down at the dinner table,many of the Order members were huddled around the kitchen,talking excitedly about meeting Harry Potter.Harry got attacked from dementors and incidentally had a trial at the ministry the same day as me.Maybe we will share a cell in Azkaban.Well he won't get put in Azkaban but I will if I'm found guilty.

This is the day that I had planned to find out what the Order is up too,as many will be gone I have an opportunity.

"Bye!Good Luck!"I shouted after them and about 20 order members left.

Mrs Weasley shooed everybody out but I stayed.She walked out of the room and I sat on the table in front of Sev.

"What do you want Emily?"he growled and I shrugged.

"Nothing much.Just answers"I replied and he looked up raising an eyebrow.

"About what?"he asked.

"Why are the Order of the Phoenix interested in the department of mysteries?"I asked and he blinked.

"They aren't"he lied but I saw through it.I smirked and took the map from my back pocket.

"Really?Then why do the Order have a map of it?Really you should hide this stuff better.Now,what are you all guarding?"I asked and this time he smirked.

"I forgot how cunning and sly you are. You should have been in Slytherin"Sev commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh Sev,stop changing the subject"I said in a sing-song voice.

"You're just going to have to find out yourself.Now I'm leaving before Potter comes"he said and then strutted down the hallway and slammed the door,causing 'granny' to screech.

"Can you please be quiet granny?My ears are hurting"I said and the portrait looked at me before nodding.

"Of course dear"she said and I gave her the best charming smile I could muster and then closed the curtains.

I heard the many door locks click so I decided to go back to the kitchen because there was sure to be a swarm of people coming through any second.

Mrs Weasley rushed past me.Order members filed in and I tried to fade into the corner but I didn't work.