The Trial?

(Emily's pov) 

The dinner was... eventful. Tonks and I provided the entertainment and later Fred and George joined in. It was moments like this that I would miss if I was put in Azkaban.

After dinner Dad decided to tell us some stuff. I already knew what they were going to say so I offered to stay with Ginny, who wasn't allowed to stay.

"Ugh it's so unfair.They better tell me what was said or they will be victim to my bat-bogey hex"Ginny ranted an so realised that I hardly knew the youngest Weasley.

"It's okay Ginny.I'll make sure they do"I smiled at her and she nodded.

"You okay?"she asked and I nodded. She gave me a small smile and patted me on the back.

"They can't possibly put you in Azkaban.Well,actually I don't know" Ginny said and I laughed.

"Thanks Gin"I said and she laughed with me.

The others came up after a couple of minutes and they told us that Voldemort is laying low,that he wants a weapon he hasn't had last time and that nobody believes us.Well,that's great!

Over the next few days Mrs Weasley kept us all busy cleaning and apparently I was over my 'just get better darling' stage so I had to clean with the others.

The day before mine and Harry's trial Kingsley Shacklebolt came in to drop in paperwork.

"Oi,there's my favourite Kingsley"I said and he turned around and smiled.

"And there's my favourite Emily"he replied and I mock glared at him.

"Where you going to leave without saying hello and goodbye to me?"I asked and he shook his head.

"Of course not Emily"he said laughing and I jumped up(i was too small)and patted him on the head.

"Good boy"I said and then turned around but not before taking Kingsley's chocolate frog.

"Hey!That was mine"he shouted and I just ran off.I liked Kingsley(not in that way).He was one of the few people who didn't say that I would be a good auror or working at the ministry but instead he said I'd make a great healer.I think that is what I would like do,help people,heal them.

The night before the trial approached quickly and I sat down on the couch beside dad and Remus.

"I'll be bringing you to the ministry Emily"Remus said and I nodded.

"There's no way,they can find you guilty,you have an alibi and were seen by the whole of Hogwarts and students from Beauxbatons and Drumstrang at the time of Cedric's death.Just get some sleep"Remus said and I nodded.It was impossible for them to put me in Azkaban.I'm innocent and they know it.

"You okay?"dad asked a minute later, when Remus had gone to bed.

I planned to say 'Yes' but that didn't come out of my stupid mouth.

"No.I'm sacred"I said.

"There's no need to be scared,there's no way they can find you guilty because you're not"Dad said hugging me.

"I love you"I mumbled into his shirt.

"I love you too Emily"he said and I got up off the couch.

"Night"I mumbled and left to my room.I stared at the dark ceiling and eventually fell asleep.

The next morning I was woken up by George poking my face.

"Go away George"I mumbled but he still kept on poking me.I groaned before getting up.