Leaving marks

(Severus' pov) 

I sat with a scowl on my face as Albus explained yet again that he couldn't get Emily out.

"It's been 6 days.We'll be lucky if she's still alive"I sneered but really I was freaking out.What would happen if she didn't make it?No,I'm not going to think like that.

"MY DAUGHTER HAS TO BE OUT OF THAT HELLHOLE DUMBLEDORE OR I SWEAR I'LL MARCH UP THERE MYSELF"Black shouted and I sneered.

"Like you care.You're much more interested in Potter"I sneered and Black turned an ugly red colour.I smirked,knowing that I had got him.

"Sirius calm down"Lupin said calmly and then Black turned on him.

"CALM DOWN?MY DAUGHTER IS IN AZKABAN AND YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED IT.YOU LET THEM TAKE HER AWAY"Black shouted and Lupin just stood there.

"I could do nothing and you know that"he said calmly before turning to Albus.

"There's no way?"he asked and Albus shook his head 'no'.

There was a timid knock on the door and I scowled.One of those idiot Weasley twins came in.

"Emily still not out?"he asked.

"No she is.Shes right here,you see we transfigured her into this table"I said sarcastically and I almost felt pity for the boy as he looked utterly heartbroken(a look I was familiar with).

"I say we walk into Azkaban and take her"he declared and I rolled my eyes. Stupid Gryffindor!

"Yes 'cause that will result in us being thrown in Azkaban.Maybe we'll share a cell"I said but the Weasley still didn't stand down.

"They don't want to make her imprisonment known,otherwise it would be all over the Daily Prophet.They want to keep it a secret and that can't happen if we barge down Azkaban"he said and honestly of my 6 years of teaching the boy,he never said anything more intelligent.

"I'll go tomorrow morning"I sneered and then walked out of the room.I apparated home and for the first time since I called Lily a mudblood,I prayed.I prayed that Emily would still be alive.

The next morning I walked down the cold rows of cells in Azkaban.It turned out that Weasley's plan was ingenious (not that I'd ever tell him) and that Emily was to be released but had to keep her mouth shut.Boy will I teach her to keep her bloody mouth shut.

The guard smirked as he opened the door and I soon found out why.Lying on the floor was Emily,a pool of blood lay around her head and she was too skinny for her own good.

I knelt down and felt her forehead. Cold.I took her pulse and found a very weak one.I wasn't going to lose her.I already lost Lily and Severa.I wasn't going to lose Emily.

(Emily's pov)

"If you don't get up this moment I will murder you with my own bloody hands!"a familiar voice screamed at me and I gave him a lazy smile,my eyes still closed.

"No need to shout Sev"I said weakly and I heard him sigh.I opened my eyes slowly and blinked before looking around the,what appears to be a carriage.

"Where are we?"I asked weakly and Sev nodded to the tall prison behind us.I shivered and held the blanket that was over me tighter.

"Why?"I asked simply yet Sev seemed to understand.

"I don't know Emily.They wanted you to keep your mouth shut and you didn't"he said simply and I shrugged a bit.

"How am I alive?"I asked and Sev seemed rather uncomfortable about the subject.

"I found you and you were nearly dead I then preceded to shove many different potions down your throat but that didn't work.As a last resort I shouted and you...woke up"he explained and I nodded.I looked at the grim prison and nearly cried but I blinked back the tears.