Vicious Circle of Immaturity

(Emily's pov) 

I woke up at Grimmauld Place.Remus had picked me up and apparated but I was I exhausted that I didn't wake up from the sound.It have actually grown to like coffee now,its pretty nice.

Dad has been sulking as the days left until our return to Hogwarts decreased.He spent most of his time in the attic with Buckbeak.Really,us people,were traded in for a Hippogriff. 

The last day of the holidays approached and dad was still sulking. It was getting on nerves but I tried to ignore it.

I walked down into the kitchen to see Sev and Dad glaring at each other.

"Oh!So you're out of the attic"I said, cooly,not looking at either of them.

"The attic Black?"Sev sneered and I rolled my eyes before ripping the head off a chocolate frog.They continued to glare at each other so I blocked their view of each other but you see that was hard to do as there was a table between them so I jumped onto it and sat with my legs crossed.I know its immature but the only way to deal with immature people is to be immature.So it's pretty much a vicious circle of immaturity.

Harry came in and saw us like this.I grinned at him and he raised an eyebrow before he saw Sev and his smile drooped,his expression grim.

"Sit down, Potter."Sev said,somewhat kindly for Sev anyway.

"You know,"dad said loudly, leaning back on his rear chair legs and speaking to the ceiling, "I think I'd prefer it if you didn't give orders here, Snape. It's my house, you see."

"He's just telling him to sit down"I said calmly,still sitting there,eating another chocolate frog.

"This is none of your business Emily"Dad snapped.

"None of my business?Wait a minute, for the past few days who has been making sure that Kreacher does the housework?Who makes Mrs Black stop screaming every time anyone makes a noise?Who has been opening the door do for order members?Who has been making dinner when Mrs Weasley is in Mungo's,ay?While you were sulking in the attic"I said calmly.

I was a tad bit stressed out and I was as confused as a Hippogriff wearing a tutu.I don't know how to act around dad or if I should even call him that. The more time I spend with him the awkwarder it gets.I know he loves Harry more and it kills me.Of course I said it to Cece and she said I was just being paranoid.

Dad started to glare at Sev again and Sev had a smirk on his face that stated one thing 'I raised her well'.I wasn't going to choose sides so I stopped with my rant.

"I was supposed to see you alone, Potter,"Sev said, the familiar sneer curling his mouth, "but Black-"

"I'm his godfather,"Dad said, louder than ever.

"Wait a minute.I'm confused,which Black?"I joked but Sev gave me a look, clearly telling me to stay quiet.

"I am here on Dumbledore's orders.'" Sev said, whose voice, by contrast, was becoming more and more quietly waspish,which was not a good sign "but by all means stay, Black, I know you like to feel ... involved."

"What's that supposed to mean?"Dad said letting his chair fall back on to all four legs with a loud bang.I stayed silent,my hand inching towards my wand by gladly I didn't need it.

"Merely that I am sure you must feel, ah,frustrated by the fact that you can do nothing useful,"Sev laid a delicate stress on the word, "for the Order."

"Sev stop it.Dad please sit down"I said calmly.Sev stopped and dad sat down slowly.!

The Headmaster has sent me to tell you, Potter, that it is his wish for you to study Occlumency this term."Sev said,turning to Harry.