I was Wrong ~Xiaojun~

People look to the sky and wonder why look up when everything is in front of you.

I'll tell you why.

Looking up is looking to to do something more than what is in front of you. Taking glances of where you want to be.

When I look up, I see the smoke from the demolished buildings but the orange sun peaks through while the two moons are faded in the background. Its the year 100089 and the flying cars have now become the war cargos for the soldiers of in the kingdoms Holos and Montia.

I came from the small mountain village of Grodose where Montia and Holos merged and lived in peace. But only there was where the people chose to live in peace. Now being here, near the capital is the last place I want to be, but after I was chosen to go to the city of Montia by my people, I am now going into a competition to compete for a place in front of the crown prince of Montia in order to provide peace once and for all. One girl from every town and village was taken for this pageant or competition to find favor with the Prince of Montia. The Montia kingdom brings those of it's people to be married of the the kingdom in order to bring new eyes and to keep peace with the common. Now... They have brought that to Holos and will only marry from the common. I've been here for a few months now and tonight is the presentation of good faith. I'm surprised I even made it this far...

-Third person-

"Kwon of Avaldos, the village of Grodose mountain border, presents Kwon Ari."

Ari steps out into the spotlight as she walks dressed in a beautiful evening gown that gave the royal family shock as she walked down to the royals as she bowed and courtesy to the Montia royal family she gave a small gift in a golden small chest box.

"Miss, you've prepared a gift instead of a token of good faith?" The king of Montia asked in confusion.

"Speak girl," a guard commanded.

Ari stays quiet.

"Common girl, speak! The king has asked you. Do common people not know how to listen?! Speak, you Common-"

She gripped her fist. She stands and faces the guard.

"I am Kwon Ari. I have a name. I suggest you speak with little demand as you raised volume in front of the royal families of Montia and Holos. You do not rule over me. After all, you, too are a common without that armor. You sleep in a house outside of the castle do you not?"

She turns to the King of Montia.

"A token of good faith is not what should be given. It would mean I fear you and your family and that I may owe a grudge towards you. I do not. Avaldos is a village with both Montia and Holos commons. I present you a gift that I have prepared for your family to show where I come from that holds a special place amongst all man."

Ari opens the small box.

"This is a rare natural pure blue pearl for the queen of Montia. I have heard how much you endear for the queen and that all tokens and gifts what present to you go the queen for your love for her endures. A wiseman once told me that a king is stronger with a queen whom he loves for her presences remind him of who he is and what he stands for. I found this rare pearl when I was a young girl when I went on a trip to the beach of Montia."

The queen of Montia smiles and stands.

"Bring it here, Ms. Ari."

Ari walks up with her head downwards and hands the box to the queen.

"This is truly rare," the queen picks up the pearl,"Ms. Ari you found this? Do you know how much this costs?"

"Yes. I know it could bring wealth to my family... But my family and I were content with the home we have made ourselves. This pearl does not make me more wealthy than the happiness I own."