Tipsy Truth ~Vernon~

"Wait, you stopped talking with him?" Vernon asked in confusion over the loud boom music in the club.

"Yeah, there just wasn't anything there," Y/N looks to her friend," Like I feel like there's just nothing for us to talk about when we talk. I feel like I bored the shit out of him. He just doesn't keep conversations going. He kills them or doesn't respond."

"That sucks. Did you talk to him about it?"

"Of course. All he said was that we were in a dry patch but it doesn't feel that way. I just don't get why he thinks it's just that. It is just dry between us. It just was. You know better than anyone that I can talk about the most random things but it isn't like that with him. Therefore I was realistic with him by saying, in situations like this the people will slowly just not be with one another. We aren't suppose to never have anything to talk about, especially since it's long distance. I don't know."

"I get it. No worries. You should be able to talk from deep stuff to things like favorite colored balloon," Vernon smiles

"Exactly!" Y/N exclaims.

"What did he say afterwards? Did he say stuff like "don't say that?""

"Yup," Y/N took a gulp of her champagne.

"I'm not going to serve you anymore, my love. You're going to get drunk at this rate."

"How would you know?"

"Y/N, we've been friends for two decades. You've had one shot of tequila, one shot of bourbon, a cup of beer, and just finished your champagne. I know you can hold your alcohol but that's enough."

"Fine, but you're driving me home tonight."

"That's okay with me."

"So how are you and Lucy doing?"

"Lucy? We actually broke up this past monday," Vernon shrugs.

"What? After just one month? That's very unlike you," Y/N furrows her brows.

"We just didn't fit. Besides, she wasn't what I was looking for."

"You have said it right. Lucy seemed very into you though."

"Yeah, but I wasn't too into it. She was a little- well just not who I wanted."

"Like who?" Y/N wiggles her brows.

"That, my love, is a secret."

"Lame."

"Hey, last time you found out, you pestered me."

"Because you were too scared to approach her. Besides that was in early high school."

"True. Very true."

At the end of the his shift, Vernon and Y/N went out on a drive. Singing loudly and driving around town in the late hours with booming music and windows down was their favorite thing to do together other than eating and watching TV. Vernon drove them to their spot. It overlooked the city, in a secluded place and now the night just surrounded it making it perfect. Vernon bought out a blanket and put it on the ground. They sat down on it. Y/N laying here head on his shoulder.

"Isn't this great? You got off early, and now here we are, looking over our life."

"Yep."

"Have you ever thought of using if we never met?"

"I haven't."

"Really? I wouldn't have been able to get through without you."

"Exactly, I wouldn't be able to breath without you."