Don't Lie ~Cha Eunwoo~

Its been months. Years. Years since you have broke my heart and months since we mended it. Never said a word about you since then. Not to my friends. Not even my family. No one really understands what exactly happened. What happened to me... Because no one is me. No matter how I explain it or present how I feel... It's like no one really knows what you did to me. That's because no one is me.

You left me. No words. No warnings.

Just like that you were gone. Never saw you again until you showed up happy with no remorse or took no responsibility for the mess you've made.

You blamed me for everything between us...

It wasn't.

It was the both of us. I should've never let you get away with hurting me. But I did...

But I want to thank you. I want to thank you for doing what you did to me.

It made me stronger. Made my skin thicker. And made me durable. I came out of it alive.

Without you leaving, I found someone new. I met someone new. I don't even know how this would work out but thank you. It gave me a chance to see how I should've been living. I'm not perfect. And meeting him isn't perfect. I don't know what will become of he and I but all I know is that he is the one who caught my eye and without you in the picture, I can freely see without fault and without boundaries that he is the beginning of my next adventure. Now I learn even more of what I want and what I don't want.

I'm happy. I figuring it out.

"Yuci..."

She turns to see him.

"Lee Dongmin, it's nice to see you."

"You look beautiful," he smiles.

"Umma!"

A little boy walks in with another lady.

"Appa Dongmin?"

"Lee Yumin, that's your father. Be respectful."

"But Mr. Kim is-"

"He is still you father, okay? Be nice."

The woman lectures.

"I'm sorry appa."

"You've grown so big," he smiles as he fixes the young boy's hair.

"Umma, I'm going to Mr. Kim," the boy runs out of the room, giggling.

"Sorry, He's still getting use to knowing you," Yuci smiles apologizing to the man.

"It's okay. I did leave when I found out about her," Dongmin looks away.

The lady gets up and walks to him. She lifts his head.

"It's okay Dongmin. We just weren't made to be," She smiles.

"Yuci, I still am so sorry."

"I forgive you."

A knock came at the door.

"Unnie, it's close to time."

"Alright," Yuci smiles and turns to the man, "Your tie."

She fixes it before backing back towards the door.

"I'm going to find my seat. Congratulations, Lee Dongmin. Your happiness is your priority," She smiles as she leaves.

The door closes and the man stands with a bitter smile.

It's been years. Years. Years since I broke your heart. I broke everything we had. It was my fault. I blamed it all on you. I walked away. I walked away from you. From him... From us. I got cold feet and left. I didn't think I could do well. As father and a lover... I didn't think I could do it...

I made it painful for you. I blamed you so it could be easier for me.

I couldn't stay due to my doubts and fears.

At that time all I could think of was you. I thought about how you would be tied to such a terrible man who couldn't take care of you. I loved you too much to let it be. So I left.

I wanted to come back to you. I made myself better in order to be with you... But he swept in and took you. He loved you and loved our son. He healed a broken heart he didn't break and raised a child that wasn't his.

My parents gave me a choice... And I chose one that would help you and our son. I wish I could tell you but... I want you to be happy, so I let you go...

He stood at the end of the aisle, watching his bride walk through but took a glimpse at his son's mother. He looks with a loving gaze back at his song then to the man who stood by them. He and the man makes eye contact as he mouths, "Thank you."

He looks back to his bride and smiles.

This is now his reality. Arranged and sacrificed... Now all he can dream is about all of the could've beens.

Keeping his mouth shut, he lived his life.

~1 Year Later~

She was out of the house. With her side piece as he stayed home. In his room. He checked the time.

"She better not come home tonight," he rolls his eyes.

He looks back at his paper work then stops. He opens his middle drawer and pulls out a photo.

It was one of him and the love of his life.

A knock came to the door.

"She better not let him inside my house again or I'll really file for divorce," He groans, hiding the picture in the drawer.

Walking to the door and opening it, he sees her. Standing soaked from the rain, but her tears were clearly show.

"Yuci-"

"Tell me the truth. Why'd you leave?"

He hesitates.

"I-"

"Why'd you lie to me, Lee Dongmin?"