Chapter 17

"They were placed there on purpose."

"Pardon?"

A middle-aged man with a sharp impression opened his mouth at the top of the conference room.

"I've seen the files on Sir Raymond. He used ancient secret techniques to treat several difficult patients. I thought it wouldn't work to use a normal patient to evaluate him properly."

"Still... That patient is too difficult."

"That's right."

The examiners spoke in unison.

"Placement of this patient would fail without the need to take the test."

"Elimination is clear."

Elimination!

A horrible word just popped out.

"I'm sure he won't be able to treat the patient, so he'll have to fail the test according to the regulations."

The promotion exam was divided into two levels.

The strength of their healing power was assessed first, and then they were tested to treat patients that match the grade.

If they failed to treat a patient who matched their grade, it would assume that they were still inexperienced in dealing with heals and would fail the test.

"If that happens, there's nothing we can do about it. We have no choice but to reject him."

"Count?"

At the cynical voice, the test takers opened their eyes wide.

A middle-aged man.

Count Garinson, one of the most senior members of the Houston Kingdom branch of the Tower of Healing and a man of considerable political influence, spoke as if no further rebuttal would be tolerated.

"Anyway, let's know that and proceed."

When Count Garinson said so, the examiners were forced to nod and step back.

Count Garinson, who was left alone, muttered softly.

"Ridiculous. On the subject of a dirty bastard."

It was a voice with contempt.

There was a reason why he showed such contempt for Raymond.

It was because of his cousin, the Fourth Queen.

As the biological mother of the fourth prince, Seitil, she was particularly speculative and despised and disliked Raymond, who was born out of wedlock.

'Again, she asked me to make sure the scumbag failed the test.'

Count Garinson thought little of it.

'It's not a job to get rid of him. Though I am a little concerned about Count August.'

Count Garinson also knew that Count August of the South became a patron of Raymond.

'Still, he can't say anything about it. The healer's exam is solely in the realm of the Tower of Healing.'

Maybe not in other fields, but in this Tower of Healing, Count Garinson's authority was absolute.

No matter how much he was Count August, he had no authority to say anything about what happened inside the Tower of Healing.

'It's not wrong to make the test a 'little' difficult.'

Count Garinson smiled fishily.

'As long as this body is in the tower of healing, Raymond, you will never be a healer.'