Chapter 178

"Our cat tribe never forget a favor. We will truly become your friends and assist you."

"Thank you, noble human! Your kindness will never be forgotten!"

Raymond was taken aback by the cat tribe's gratitude.

While it was indeed a win-win deal, their appreciation seemed overwhelming.

Unexpectedly, a message appeared.

[Your sincerity has touched the hearts of the cat tribe!]

[Achievement: Achieved 'True Alliance with the cat tribe'!]

[Gained 50 skill points!]

Up to this point, it was a familiar message. However, an additional message appeared.

[As a 'Healer Lord,' you have entered into a covenant for the benefit of your people and patients!]

[Obtained a bonus skill!]

[Gained the skill 'Art of Negotiation'!]

[Art of Negotiation]

[Category: Healer Lord Skill

Rank: Rare

Skill Level: D

-Exhibits excellent negotiation skills when negotiating 'territorial units' for patients and people!

-As your skill level increases, you will become more proficient at negotiating larger units!]

'Ooh, that's beneficial.'

Raymond promptly evaluated the true worth of this skill.

'It's a skill that protects me from exploitation.'

In the future, as a leader, he would frequently deal various negotiations and agreements. While not an easy target, his leadership experience was somewhat lacking.

This skill would guard against errors stemming from his relative inexperience.

In any case, that concern could be addressed another day.

Currently, more pressing matters awaited.

"Is that all? Oh, no, I mean, is it concluded? Are there any additional conditions?"

"Yes."

Raymond introduced the most pivotal stipulation.

"The perpetrator who sabotaged the Magic Stone Mine. Provide information about that individual."

"....!"

Raymond spoke with a resolute gaze.

"That person is also our enemy, and we will ensure they are captured."

Indeed, putting an end to the disease was not the end.

The perpetrator who caused this dreadful situation had to be found.

***

Upon reaching the cat tribe village, Raymond couldn't help but exhale deeply.

It was as somber as he had anticipated.

Nearly half of the cat tribe members had died.

Originally, around 200 resided in the Kennel Mountains, and approximately 100 had already succumbed.

It appeared the village, situated near the Magic Stone Mine presumed to be the source, had taken a direct hit.

'The survivors are in critical condition too.'