Chapter 8 -The Rescue

I walked back to my apartment with a smile on my face, for no apparent reason. Shweta looked at me with interest but said nothing. After freshening up, I sat down next to Shweta. She took off her headphones and said, "I know you've been itching to say something, so go ahead and say it." I placed my arms around her and squeezed.

"Well, the movie was good, and dinner was very good," I chuckled. "Ishaan is an absolute dreamboat! He is a graduate of MIT, he owns his own company, and he drives a BMW!"

"What?!" shouted Shweta. "I knew he was a millionaire, but he owns a company?"

"Technically, his dad owns it," I explained.

Shweta sighed and rolled her eyes. "Did he tell you anything about his family?"

"No," I said, shaking my head.

"Anyway, did he...you know, try anything?" Shweta asked, giving me a meaningful look.

I began to blush. "What makes you think he'd do that?"

"Why else would he take you to a dark theatre?"

Ishaan had moved my hair away from my face, but it had been a friendly gesture. "We are not in that kind of a relationship."

Despite the fact that we had an unspoken chemistry that I chose to disregard, we could never be more than friends.

"That's fascinating," Shweta commented. "Perhaps he likes you a lot."

"So, even if a guy genuinely likes me, he won't kiss me?" I was curious.

"Do you want to kiss him?" Shweta asked with a sly grin.

I shrugged my shoulders, unsure of my own feelings. "I don't know," I replied, feeling a little embarrassed.

"To be honest, there's a lot more I'd like to do. I couldn't concentrate on Chris Hemsworth because of him. Can you believe it?" I sighed.

"Oh! You poor thing! He left you high and dry. Perhaps you should make the first move next."

"That would be completely uncharacteristic of me. Are you even my friend?" I asked grumpily.

Shweta burst out laughing and threw a pillow at me. I threw her teddy bear at her, and we had a pillow fight. Shweta was like a sister I never had.

"Next time you meet him, ask him meaningful questions like about his family or work," Shweta said, interrupting our pillow fight.

"Will there be another chance?" I asked Shweta, hoping for a positive response.

"Of course," she replied with a smile. "He is badly smitten. He will come back running very soon."

Shweta's words came true when my phone beeped. I went through my inbox, looking for messages.

Ishaan had texted, "Had a fantastic evening. I'm hoping for a sequel."

"Same here; I enjoy sequels," I replied, smiling.

"I don't mean the film sequel," he clarified. "I can't possibly be patient for that long!"

I burst out laughing and typed another witty response. Shweta swallowed and cleared her throat. "Sorry, Ishaan messaged," I said, locking my gaze on her.

"Yeah, I see it in your flushed face," Shweta admitted.

"He just suggested we get together again."

"Adya, where are you going with this friendship of yours? I mean, are you serious?" Shweta asked with a serious face.