A morning to remember

As Aadya moved around in her warm bed, the sun was just starting to show its pink and gold colours in the sky. The fact that the soft cotton sheets stuck to her body showed how many hours she had spent with Ishaan in his apartment. They ended up spending the entire day and night together. The room could still hear the laughter, confessions, and vows that were whispered and made during the night. As Aadya slowly opened her eyes, the world around her was a blur of muted colours and hazy memories. She could feel the warmth of Ishaan's presence lingering like an invisible embrace. The fragrance of his cologne still lingered in the air, a subtle reminder of the enchanting hours they had shared. Her body was heavy with happiness, and she had a lazy smile on her face. She stretched out like a happy cat, enjoying the sweet pain that meant the night was well spent.

As she thought about what happened the day before, she got a soft blush on her face. The soft rustle of the curtains caught her attention, and she turned to see the morning light filtering through the fabric. It painted a delicate pattern on the floor, a mosaic of sunlight that seemed to dance to a melody only they could hear. Aadya sighed, feeling a sense of peace settle over her like a warm, comforting blanket. She reached for the other side of the bed, but it was empty. Ishaan emerged from the bathroom, a towel slung casually around his shoulders. His eyes, warm and affectionate, met Aadya's, and a knowing smile played on his lips. 

 "Good morning, sleepyhead," he greeted, his voice a gentle caress that stirred the air. Aadya's heart skipped a beat as she took in the sight of him, the tousled hair, and the hint of a smile that promised endless possibilities. 

"Good morning," she replied. Ishaan approached the bed, his gaze never leaving hers. He reached out, running his fingers through her hair, a gesture that spoke volumes about the unspoken connection they shared.

 "Did you sleep well?" Aadya nodded, her eyes reflecting the sentiments that words could not capture.

"Yeah, after a long time." As Ishaan sat besides her, their fingers entwined in a silent acknowledgement of the bond they had forged, a thoughtful expression crossed his face. He reached for something on the bedside table, and Aadya couldn't help but wonder what surprise awaited her. He presented a small, elegant velvet box—the kind that you see in jewellery stores. Aadya's eyes widened in anticipation, her heart quickening its pace. 

 "Ishaan, what's this?" she asked, her voice a delicate whisper. He opened the box, revealing a ring that sparkled like a captured star. The diamonds caught the morning light, sending tiny rays of brilliance across the room. Aadya gasped, her hand instinctively covering her mouth in astonishment.

"I couldn't imagine a more perfect moment than this," Ishaan confessed, his gaze locked onto hers. 

 "Aadya, from the moment I met you, I knew you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Will you marry me?" Aadya's heart pounded in her chest, the world around them narrowing down to this pivotal moment. She felt a lump in her throat, the weight of the question settling on her like a gentle caress. She looked into Ishaan's eyes, seeing a vulnerability that mirrored her own.

 "How did you manage to get the ring?" She asked, surprised. He never left the room without her knowing, so she couldn't fathom how he had pulled off such a surprise. "I had it with me for a long time," he admitted. 

 "But...we still need to figure out how we are going to tell our families and manage work." 

 "Shh, we'll get it all sorted; just say yes." He interrupted, placing a finger on her lips. 

 "Yes," she whispered, her voice barely audible but resonating with the depth of her emotions.

 "Yes, a thousand times, yes." As he took her left hand, Ishaan's eyes lit up with happiness. He put the ring on her finger, and it fit perfectly, like a puzzle piece that was missing a piece. Only the two of them could see the whole picture. Everyone in the room seemed to hold their breath. The air was filled with the hope of a future. In a moment that went beyond time, they sealed their promise with a soft kiss. The rest of the world was probably getting ready for another normal day, but Aadya and Ishaan felt like they were entering an extraordinary forever through the closeness of their shared look. The ring on Aadya's finger sparkled like a promise kept. It was a sign of a love that had made it through the difficult times and had emerged stronger than ever.