A short separation

"Why?" Ishaan asked, his curiosity clear in his wide-eyed expression.

"I can't move in with you," I replied, my voice tinged with regret.

"You don't trust me?" Ishaan asked, a hint of disappointment creeping into his tone. He searched my face for any sign of reassurance, hoping to understand the reason behind my decision.

"It's not that. First, my parents would be outraged. Let's say I convince them and get their approval. My mum would be constantly nagging us to get married as soon as possible. I haven't even considered how your parents would react. It would be a total mess."

"Who cares! It's our life, Aadya." Ishaan exclaimed; his frustration was evident in his voice. "We shouldn't let others dictate our happiness. We should decide based on what feels right for us, not what society expects."

"It's easy for you to say that, Ishaan. I am a girl. I don't come from a well-off family like yours. I am not perfect, I know, but I can't make my parents upset. You will understand the importance of family someday."

I didn't know then that my words were prophetic.

"Hmmm, so I have to continue suffering like this." He said it morosely.

I put my arm around his neck and whispered, "Who said that? We'll make the most of every time we're together."

I could see the glimmer of hope in his eyes as he looked at me.

"Aadya, you drive me crazy. Do you know that?"

I chuckled and replied, "Well, I guess that's just part of my charm. And what else do I make you feel?"

He drew me down, allowing my body to fall into his waiting arms. My jeans-clad leg wrapped around his waist. I was still seated on the car bonnet, clutching his shoulders, and he was holding my waist.

"When I see you, I want to rip your dress off and steal you." He whispered, sending shivers down my spine.

"I want to make love to you any way I can. Like right here and right now." I heard him say it in a husky voice.

"You know, I have always fantasised about doing it in the car," I said, looking deep into his eyes.

His lips curled into a devilish grin.

"I would love to fulfil your fantasy." He leant in closer, his breath warm against my ear. "Just imagine the thrill," he murmured, his voice filled with anticipation. I couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement.

He hoisted me off the bonnet with his hand under my buttocks. He took me to the cars and set me down, instructing me to get in. The dashboard lights cast shadows on his features. I leant in close and delicately brushed my lips against his, looking up into his eyes.

I gasped as his lips brushed against mine, my hands flattening against his chest, my body leaning in as close as I could. As his fingers moved gently under my shirt, I felt my nipples tighten. He buried his other hand in my thick, flowing hair. He interrupted the kiss and leant back, pushing his seat all the way back. I climbed over him after taking a cue from his smile. Before renewing the kiss, I sat on his lap on the driver's side.

His hands moved across to my shirt and began unbuttoning it. I was doing the same thing with his shirt. We quickly removed our shirts and continued kissing. He yanked the thin straps of my bra down, unclasped them, and tossed them in the backseat. His lips slid away from mine, nipping at the delicate area at the base of my throat. As he licked and teased me there, I ran my fingers through his short hair, both of us panting.