Exploring more

"What! But you stayed over at his place just yesterday? What happened?" I inquired; my curiosity piqued as I turned to Shweta.

"Things weren't going well since Goa. He was becoming a control freak. I couldn't stand the nagging. So I just asked him to sod off!" Shweta replied, her tone resolute.

I nodded, understanding Shweta's frustration. "It sounds like you made the right decision. It's important to prioritise your own happiness and well-being in any relationship. Is there anything I can do to help you feel better? Would you like to go out somewhere?" I suggested.

"Nah, I'm fine. Good riddance to that jerk. But enough about me; spill your story. Did you do it?" She winked playfully.

I nodded with a grin. "Yeah."

Shweta leant in, eager to hear all the details of my night with the hottest hunk in Pune.

"Yes! I knew it. I could tell it wouldn't be long. So, how was it?"

I blushed and leant in closer, ready to share all the juicy details.

"It was absolutely amazing. He was everything I had hoped for and more. We had such a deep connection, both emotionally and physically. I've never felt so alive."

It was my first time, so I had nothing to compare. But I knew in my heart that what I had experienced was something truly special. The way he touched me, the way he looked into my eyes—it was like nothing I had ever felt before.

"It's obvious; you haven't stopped blushing since you got back. What about other things?"

"I visited his office and met his partners. You won't believe it, but his dad is on the cover of business magazines!"

"Wow! He must be loaded. So, where does he live? Does he have a big house?"

"You can't even imagine. He lives in a 5-bedroom penthouse!"

"This guy's a catch. Maybe you should marry him!" Shweta playfully suggested.

I laughed. "Marriage isn't on my mind right now. I still feel too young for that. We're taking things slow."

"How serious are you about him, Aadya?" Shweta inquired, with a mix of curiosity and concern in her tone.

"Shweta, I love him. I hope this feeling lasts, and that it is something permanent."

"Awww, how romantic!" Shweta cooed teasingly.

I playfully tossed a pillow in her direction.

"But on a serious note, Aadya, be careful not to get too attached. You never know what the future holds. Protect yourself from getting hurt," Shweta cautioned with a sincere tone.

I bit my lip, pondering her words. She had a point, but at this stage, I was already deep in my feelings for Ishaan. I couldn't imagine holding back or protecting myself from the possibility of getting hurt. Love was about taking risks, and I will take that chance with Ishaan.

***************

As the new year approached, my mum was persistent in my visiting Delhi for the holidays. It had been almost a year since I'd seen them, and I missed them dearly. However, the idea of being away from Ishaan was equally daunting. Shweta was headed to Mumbai for the holidays, but I had no insight into Ishaan's plans. He was engrossed in his work, dealing with contract negotiations for their game with major IT companies. Although we spoke daily, I hadn't seen him since the day we made love.

On Friday, as the holidays kicked off, I shut down my laptop and prepared to leave the office. Just then, a message from Ishaan popped up. He was coming to pick me up, as was our routine for spending weekends together. I walked across the road to his car, parked on the other side.