Chapter 10-Drugged

During the ensuing weeks, I could balance my demanding job and enjoyable, happy moments with Ishaan. We met up almost every weekend and, if our busy schedules allowed, occasionally even during the week. These happy moments were a source of great joy and relaxation for me. Ishaan and I explored various places, indulged in recreational activities, and engaged in deep conversations that left us feeling content. Ishaan proved to be a loyal friend who helped me maintain a healthy work-life balance. We spent quality time together, and our friendship grew stronger with each passing day. Despite our busy schedules, we made time for each other and cherish the happy moments we spent together. Ishaan was a breath of fresh air in my hectic life that had become monotonous. The weekends spent with Ishaan proved to be rejuvenating, and I looked forward to them eagerly. Our occasional meetings during the week were something I cherished, and they always brought a smile to my face. Overall, what started as a casual friendship had blossomed into a profound bond that enriched my life.

By this time, everyone in the group had assumed we were a couple. Although this was partially true, we hadn't reached a more intimate level. Only a few hugs and cheek kisses. On a typical Saturday, the group of us went to the disco. Ishaan's reaction when he saw me in my little black dress made me feel smug. Despite our lack of physical intimacy, I could sense a growing attraction between us. And that night at the disco, Ishaan's compliment proved that our connection was deepening.

The crowd made the disco packed and noisy. I was sitting next to others and drinking a cocktail. I don't like to party much, but I do occasionally enjoy it.

"Your man is dancing with Sonia." Priya said with a smirk.

When I turned to face the dance floors, I spotted Ishaan dancing with a pretty girl. He waved at me when our eyes connected. I returned his smile and turned to face Priya.

"Looks like someone's got his attention on the dance floor," I teased her.

Priya looked aghast and said, "you don't mind?"

I shook my head and replied, "Of course not. We're just friends."

She looked pissed.

Ishaan's lack of insecurity was one of his many endearing qualities which I loved. He never attempted to limit the men in my group of friends or to prevent me from hanging out with them. We simply allow each other to pursue our own interests. Some girls assumed he wasn't genuinely interested in me. I liked it this way. Never have I enjoyed having someone constantly breathe down my neck. Ishaan wasn't my first boyfriend. I had been on dates and in relationships before, but whenever they turned possessive, I used to distance myself from them. Stockholm syndrome romances didn't appeal to me.

Ishaan came over to me when I was speaking with Shweta and asked, "Wanna dance?"

I said, "I was wondering why you didn't ask until now."

Ishaan smiled and said, "I wanted to wait until the right moment, and now seems perfect."

We danced, and he was not too bad. The music was blaring, so I had to lean close to him said into his ears, "you are not that bad."

Ishaan chuckled and responded, "Well, thank you for the compliment, but I have to admit, I'm not the best dancer out there." We continued to sway to the beat of the music, enjoying each other's company.

He drew me close when he suddenly put his arm around my waist and grabbed my other hand. He moved with me as I twirled around. My knees trembled as I fixed my gaze on his. He holding me was a good thing. As we continued to dance, I couldn't help but feel a connection between us. It was as if we were the only two people in the room, lost in our own little world. Or maybe it was just the magic of the moment.