Chapter 13 - Confession

I walked towards Ishaan and Priya, who was sticking to his arm like leeches.

"Planning to go somewhere, hmmm?" I glared at him.

He looked nervous and tried to pry off his arm. "Uh no, we aren't going anywhere. We are going to the party, that's all."

I folded my arms and said, "Great! Enjoy!" I turned away, tossed my hair behind me, and walked away as fast as I could. I wasn't really angry; I knew Priya and her antics. I was just testing Ishaan. I wanted to see how he would react to Priya's flirtatious behavior. As I walked away, I couldn't help but feel a little proud of myself for setting the test and excited to see how it would play out.

"Hey, baby! Wait!" Ishaan called after me, but I ignored him.

I grabbed Shweta's hand and muttered, "Keep walking."

She looked at me alarmed and said, "Wait, what happened?"

"It's Priya," I said.

She turned back and glared at Ishaan and Priya, "That bitch again!" She muttered. I could see the anger in her eyes as she clenched her fists, clearly frustrated with the ongoing drama between Ishaan and Priya. It was clear that this was not the first time she had caused trouble.

We were now in the thick of the festivities. The music was divine, and the crowd was swaying in various directions. I began gyrating to the music with Shweta. I was already a little tipsy from the alcohol, so I danced like hell.

I felt a hand creeping up my waist and grabbing me from behind. A strong body pressed up against me. I jerked away, but those hands drew me into his arms, encircling me in a behind-the-back hug.

"Hey! Who is this?" I struggled with the grip.

"Shhh, it's me," Ishaan whispered in my ears.

I immediately stopped struggling and turned to look at his face.

"What exactly are you doing?" I said angrily.

"Dancing," he grinned.

"Let me go," I said.

"Not until you tell me why you are mad at me?"

"I can't talk like this. My neck hurts."

He let me go, and I turned to face him.

"So you weren't going with Priya?"

"Are you jealous?" He smiled devilishly.

"No! Why should I bother?" I retorted angrily.

"Is it? How disappointing! I was actually enjoying it." He replied.

"Ishaan, go to hell," I said as I turned away.

"Hey," he said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled. I collided with him.

"Go away, Ishaan," I said angrily.

"You really want me to go," he said, looking me in the eyes. In the disco light, his hazel eyes shone. I didn't answer him and tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. As I turned around, I collided with him and stumbled back.

He traced the outline of my lips with his thumb. Something was crackling in the background. On the spur of the moment, my eyes closed, and his lips collided with mine. He cupped my face, luring me in for a brief but passionate kiss. He abruptly let me go. I regained my sanity and became aware of my surroundings. The music, the people, the swaying bodies

"Oh no!" I said, putting my hand over my mouth. "There are people nearby. I'm hoping no one saw us ".

I took a look around. Fortunately, none of our friends were within sight.