Chapter 9 - The dinner date

We were seated at one of the posh establishments in Pune. The ambiance was elegant and sophisticated, with soft lighting and plush furnishings. The menu featured a range of exquisite dishes that were beautifully presented.

"How well do you know about video games?" Ishaan was curious.

"My 15-year-old brother is fond of games. I thought it was a waste of time until I learned about the development aspect of things. It's incredible how much thought and imagination went into it. Actually, my brother Akash introduced me to video games."

"Thank God! I've finally found someone who values me! Nowadays, gaming is hugely popular. There are PlayStations, X Boxes, and fantasy games like WarCraft, among others."

He paused for a moment. "These fantasy games are primarily set in China, Korea, or the United States. They have intricate characters that are modelled after different mythologies, comic books, and even movies. However, India doesn't have a lot of gaming businesses. According to our research, there is a significant market for it. Especially regarding the younger generation. We developed a prototype with characters and a plot that the public would find appealing."

He showed me several anime characters on his phone.

"How did you come up with your tale and characters, Ishaan?"

"We conducted extensive research on the preferences and interests of the younger generation, and we also sought feedback from focus groups to ensure that our characters and plot would resonate with them," Ishaan explained. "We wanted to make a story that was not only fun to play but also taught important lessons about values and personal growth."

I continued, "If you don't mind, I have a suggestion."

"Of course, go ahead." He said.

"Why don't you use the characters and plots from Hindu mythology? Our myths would make a fantastic fantasy-based game because they are so fascinating. Our myths are so fascinating that they would make a wonderful fantasy-based game; you can get diversity, any kind of heroes, monsters, and villains, whatever you want. Additionally, they would be far easier for people to identify with than fictional characters."

His eyes widened with excitement. "This is fantastic! It has the potential to alter the entire game scene. But do you believe it is feasible?"

"Why not? There are already myth-themed plays, TV shows, and movies available. For instance, Thor is a figure from Viking mythology. We can do the same with ours."

He had a thoughtful look on his face as he was staring at me.

"You know what I should hire you for."

I jokingly said, "I'm too expensive."

"And I am fairly wealthy," he smirked.

"Really? "Let's see how much you're willing to spend right now."

I took the menu and pretended to choose the most expensive options.

"What about some lobster?" I made a joke.

"I'll do anything for you, sweetie." "I can buy the entire restaurant right now if you want."

I laughed a lot. "I'm not feeling particularly hungry right now, but lobster would suffice. I've never tried it before."

"Really? Let's see how much money I can get you to spend right now. Or are you just trying to impress me with your finances? I hope your worth is more than your bank account." I said with a sly grin. "I'm not impressed by flashy spending; I'm interested in the person behind the wallet. So what's your story?" I asked, genuinely curious about getting to know him.