When Sparks Fly

Soft lips were kissing me. Firm hands caress me. The softness of the clouds below and the hardness of the sky above sent ripples of pleasure through me.

Then I started shaking and quivering as I was pushed up against the soft clouds.

"Adya, wake up!"

I was being violently shaken by someone. I slowly opened my eyes and peered around.

"Wait, what happened?" I sat up, trying to make sense of it all. I was in the clouds, doing inappropriate things with Ishaan, when I found myself in my bedroom.

"Why did you wake me up?" I asked Shweta.

Shweta, who appeared agitated, asked, "What happened to your phone? Ishaan has been attempting to contact you, but his phone has been turned off. He became concerned when he realised you were upset with him. Did you guys have a fight last night?"

I looked at my phone. "It has been discharged. Oh, my God! I completely forgot." I jumped out of bed.

"I am supposed to visit his office today."

After returning from Goa, I made more efforts to learn more about him. His office was in Hinjewadi, which was on the outskirts of town. He offered to take me there on a weekend to show me around his office and introduce me to some of his startup partners.

Today was that day!

"He's supposed to arrive at 8! It's already 8 o'clock... How should I proceed? I need to prepare." I became terrified.

Shweta stated, "He has already arrived!" Imagine my surprise when I opened the door, thinking it was the milkman!"

"What!!! Is he here? That early!! Does he ever sleep?"

Shweta stated, "He is currently in the living room. Come on out."

"I'm not going to meet him like this!" I was wearing ratty old pyjamas and had messed up my hair.

Shweta walked in. "Should I bring him in if he wants to talk?"

"NO!! I'm a complete disaster!"

"Too late," Shweta said with a mischievous smile.

Ishaan was looming behind her. His face was rigid; it softened when he saw me, and for a minute I saw that mesmerising look.

"Sorry to barge in, but can we talk, please? ," He said.

I nodded, and Shweta left after giving me a knowing look.

Because the erotic dream about him was still fresh in my mind, I blushed. "I'm sorry," he said, his hands in his pockets.

"What? Why?" I inquired, surprised.

"For everything I've done."

"Is there something I'm missing?" I asked.

"Aren't you upset with me?" He inquired.

"No, why should I be upset with you?" I replied, still confused.

"Are you sure?" He gave an odd look and scratched his chin. "However, Gaurav stated that you were upset with me because you abruptly stopped talking on the phone last night and did not receive calls. I couldn't figure out why. To be on the safe side, I apologised."

I burst out laughing, "Ishaan! I fell asleep while talking to you last night, and my phone died, so I missed your call and missed the alarm. I'm not upset with you."

"Thank God, I thought you were angry when you didn't return my call," he said, his face relaxed and curled into a slow smile.

"Stop taking girlfriend's advice from Gaurav," I said. "He's always jumping to conclusions. Next time, just shoot me a text and I'll let you know what's going on."