Epilogue

The air was filled with the scent of incense, and the rhythmic chanting of mantras resonated through the sacred space. Ishaan, clad in traditional attire, stood besides Aadya, the woman he had come to cherish beyond measure. The sacred fire flickered, casting a warm glow on the ceremony that would bind them together for a lifetime.

Amidst the rituals, Ishaan applied the sacred vermillion to Aadya's forehead, a symbolic gesture pronouncing them husband and wife. The love in his eyes mirrored the commitment he felt, and as he whispered, "Congrats, Aadya, we are married now," a blush adorned her cheeks.

Aadya couldn't help but smile, the happiness evident in her eyes. The ceremony continued, weaving the threads of their destinies together. The sacred vows, the blessings from elders, and the exchange of rings marked the beginning of their journey as a married couple.

A year later, the echoes of their wedding still lingered in their hearts as they stood in front of an ultrasound clinic. Aadya's fingers nervously tapped against her thigh, and Ishaan, noticing her anxiety, gently placed his hand over hers. A reassuring smile played on his lips as they awaited their turn.

Finally, the nurse called them in, and the couple entered the room where the doctor awaited them.

"So, this is your first scan, right?" the kind-hearted doctor inquired.

Aadya nodded, her nerves palpable. "Yes, 9 weeks."

"Alright, let's see what we have," the doctor said, her demeanour putting them at ease.

Aadya lay down on the bed, and the doctor began the ultrasound. Ishaan peered at the screen, but all he could see was a black and grey blur. Anticipation hung in the air as the doctor broke the news.

"Alright, there is your baby. Actually, there are two of them."

Aadya's eyes widened, and she turned to look at the two dots on the screen. The doctor continued, "Congratulations! You are having twins."

Ishaan, unable to contain his excitement, asked, "Any chance of them being more than two?"

Aadya shot him a panicked glare as the doctor laughed. "You want triplets or what?"

"No, they are just two, and you can listen to their heartbeats," the doctor explained.

As the rhythmic thumping filled the room, Aadya felt her eyes brimming with tears. The tiny heartbeats were a melody, a symphony of life. Their baby was back, along with a sibling.

She caught Ishaan's gaze, and his eyes moistened with joy. Their shared emotions needed no words.

"Twins are a thing in your family, right?" Aadya asked as they left the clinic.

"I guess so," Ishaan replied, his hand tightly holding hers.

"I am nervous, Ishaan," Aadya confessed.

"Why, dear? This is the best news ever!" he exclaimed.

"It is, but... it's just overwhelming, and last time..."

Ishaan placed a gentle finger on her lips, silencing her fears. "You were alone at that time, Aadya. Now you have me. No matter what happens, I will always be there for you."

He reassured her with a comforting arm around her.

"You know, Aadya, I fell in love with you at first sight. There was an undeniable physical attraction; however, what compelled me to pursue you was your frankness and your simple, easy attitude towards everything. Life will always have challenges, but together we can achieve everything."

His words were a balm to her anxious heart. Ishaan sealed his promises with a tender kiss on her forehead.

"I love you, Ishaan," she whispered.

"I love you too, Aadya," he replied.

Everything was bliss. The joyous anticipation of a future filled with laughter, love, and the pitter-patter of tiny feet made the difficulties of the past seem distant. In the union of their hearts and the blessing of two lives growing within, Ishaan and Aadya found a profound happiness that seemed to transcend the ordinary. The journey ahead was an adventure they were ready to embrace, hand in hand, as they stepped into the enchanting world of parenthood.