Chapter 11 - The First Kiss

I entered the living room to speak with Shweta.

"What do you think of Ishaan now?" I asked.

She looked at me and said, "My opinion of him has changed," leaving her coffee mug on the table. "He could do anything he wanted last night, but he decided against it. He's not as bad as I thought he was," she continued. "I guess people can surprise you sometimes."

"That must mean he's a gentleman, right?"

"Yes, but a gentleman is the waiting wolf," she grinned, looking at me.

"Exactly what does that mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It simply means that if you want to go all the way with him, he won't let go of the opportunity but won't force himself on you." She laughed.

I nodded, understanding her explanation. "Got it; thanks for clarifying," I said with a smile.

"You can go out with him," she laughed.

"Aren't we already dating?" I asked cheekily.

"I give my approval to whatever you do," she said with a wink. Her response made me feel relieved and happy, knowing that she trusted my judgement and was supportive of my decisions.

That evening, Ishaan stopped by to see me. As I wasn't in the mood to go out and party or meet anyone from the group, he offered to just take me for a drive.

I'm not sure how long he was on the road, though. The car then came to a complete stop in the middle of nowhere.

"Could you please explain why you are upset?" He queried.

"Do I appear upset?" I inquired.

"Yes, you do," he replied. "Your tone and body language suggest that something is bothering you. Would you like to talk about it? I can try to make you feel better, even though I can't promise to change whatever has made you sad."

"I am just upset about yesterday." I paused and said, "If you were not there...."

His jaw tightened. "No rational man would behave in such a way. Whoever committed the crime is a despicable person. I'm going to get him."

"Why do you always jump to my aid whenever I'm in need? I feel like I'm making you miserable, as if I am a burden on you."

"Don't be ridiculous. You are not a burden on me, and I will always be there for you, no matter what. And I will do everything in my power to help you."

I laughed. "You are flattering me."

"Well, it's true. You're smart, kind, and beautiful inside and out. Anyone would be lucky to have you."

"Now come on." I tried not to blush.

"No, I am serious. If you were my girlfriend. I wouldn't let you go, ever."

My throat felt dry. The way he said his words, which were almost dangerous, made me sweat. I gulped because my throat felt dry.

"I would have stayed right next to you to make sure you didn't leave me, even for a second."

"My God!" I whispered, almost mesmerised by the sound of his throaty voice and the way his hand touched my cheeks and then my lips.

He said, "Yes."

He moved his hands and cupped my face in them.

"Aadya, you are beautiful. I would have counted down the minutes until I could be with you. I would have made sure no man ever looked at you."