Chapter 30: A Favor

Vanoss POV

I open my eyes, rubbing my face, the bed has made me feel like as if I've slept on a plank. I sit up, I rub my forehead, I have a headache. I really need to start drinking again, if being sober and being drunk both end up with a headache in the morning there really isn't a difference. I look over to the second bed,  Madison is sat up reading a book, while Wildcat is laying down in between his legs sleep. I feel anger boil inside of me, Madison turns a page and notices me looking at the two of them, he lifts his finger and puts it to his lips, shushing me. 

Wildcat snuggles up to Madison, still in a deep sleep, he turns his head to me. Some of his hair in his face, his mouth lets out a soft snore. I smile, I look up to see Madison staring at me in a confused manner. He readjusts himself looking back at his book, "Seen that look before" Madison says quietly, trying not to wake Wildcat. 

I scoff at his words, I stand up, staggering before standing up straight. I put on my shoes and walk to the door, I stop, He's just rubbing it in, he knows what I want. I open the door and walk outside, next to the door is Moo sat on a bench, he's leaning back drinking a beer. Moo turns to me, he lets out a chuckle "Morning" Moo greets. "What time is it?" I ask, Moo looks at his watch, "Just past 4" Moo responds, I throw my head back letting out a heavy sigh. I walk over and sit next to Moo on the bench. 

I lay my head back, "They're close" I say, Moo turns to me "Who? Madison and Tyler?" Moo asks. "Yeah, they're in there clung onto each other like shit on the bottom of a shoe" I say, I lean down, rubbing between my eyes. Moo laughs, "Not much different than how you and Tyler used to be" Moo says, taking a drink from his beer. I groan, "I guess" I say, Is that really how people saw me and Wildcat? Hugged up on each other, not letting go, not caring who sees.

"Do you think they had a relationship when Wildcat was there?" I ask, turning my head to Moo. Moo turns to me, "Vanoss, my job right now isn't to make assumptions" Moo states. I sit up turning my body towards him, "Yeah, but the way they talk to each other, seems as if they've known each other before us coming into contact with Wildcat" I say, trying to piece my thoughts together. "Th-They're in there snug on each other as if Wildcat didn't just come from being with Kade this entire time" I say.

Moo puts his hand up, "Vanoss.. What is it that you want to tell me? Because you screaming your little constant updates on your Ex is causing attention to us" Moo says. What I want?  "What do you mean?" I ask. Moo lets out a heavy sigh, taking a swig of his beer, "You clearly aren't happy with the 'chemistry' between them, what do you want?" Moo asks. I look down, "I want someone who can be there for me" I say, "Why not just start going out with Dawn? You clearly don't care that we're married and you already fucked her" Moo says.

I raise my hands up defensively "OK, I told you when we got ice cream that I didn't know she was your wife, and I can't" I say, leaning back on the bench. "Why not?" Moo asks, "She's in the business" I say. A silence goes by, Moo slowly turns his head to me "What?" I ask, "I was thinking of your reaction if I hit you with my beer can" Moo says, he hit's the back of my head with his free hand. "Ow what the hell" I say, holding the back of my head.

Moo finishes his beer, "I'm not wasting a good beer on you, now Vanoss, you have literally cheated on Tyler with Dawn multiple times, for you to say that you can't get together because she's 'in the business' is bullshit because TYLER is in the same business" Moo says. He stands up stretching, "Vanoss do you know why people who cheat don't get into relationships with the person they cheated with?" Moo says. I look at him confused, Moo turns to me "Because they know they won't be able to have the same comfort they did with their original partner" Moo says.

"It's not like that it's just-" I'm cut off by Moo, "People who cheat Vanoss are greedy" Moo starts to walk closer to me. "They're greedy, they can never have 'just enough', they want to fill their own ego, knowing that they're able to get someone else. Vanoss, it's never just enough for people like that, hurting the person you love for a person that means less than nothing to you hurts, and it's a low blow to the person you're in a relationship with. Because now they're there, feeling as if they weren't enough for you, as if they did something wrong, as if they were the problem, as if they... Were the reason...".