Chapter 33: Take It Back

Tyler POV

A bullet flies past my head, What just happened? I look behind me, Vanoss is standing with smoke coming from his gun, I feel around. He didn't shoot me, I feel Kades arms release from around me. I turn to see Kade fall to the ground, my heart drops. I drop to the ground, I pick up Kade in my arms, "KADE!" I yell out.  I feel the rush of tears from my eyes, I pull him closer to me, blood seeping through his shirt.

"Kade baby.. Look at me.. Look at me please" I say, Kade looks over, the look of pain in his eyes. "That's it, you're good" I say, Kade reaches over and pushes my hair behind my ear, softly caressing my face. His silence scares me, "P-please say something" I beg, Kade smiles at me, "K-Kade?" I say. 

"I (cough) I never really thought that I'd see the moment... That someone would be there for me when I fall (Coughs, worse than the last one)" Kade says weakly, I let out a soft laugh, which stays hidden behind my cries. Kade wipes my tears, I move my hand over the bullet wound in his chest, applying pressure onto it. He jolts up, lying back into my arms, his breathing heavy, "I-I can't lose you.." I say softly.

"Some.. days.. I wish that I could just.. Sit with you like this" Kade says, "Just us... Together in a field" Kade says, letting out a soft cough. "Like now?" I ask quietly, Kade looks around and back at me "Preferably.. With grass" Kade says. He lets out a laugh, coughing right after. 

I bring Kade closer to me, "I.. Love you Kade" I say, a dark shadow cast over us. Kade's eyes go dark, he lifts his arm and brings my face closer to his, kissing me deeply. I get pulled back by a hand, I drop Kade, watching him fall to the ground. I feel a rush of sadness wash over me, "NOO" I yell out, I reach for him, being pulled back from my arm. I look behind me, Vanoss pulls me towards the SUV, "NO PLEASE LET ME HOLD HIM, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS" I cry out.

I look back over to Kade, he's laid in the dirt, with his hand reaching towards me. I start to fight Vanoss, pulling away from him, "PLEASE LET ME GO TO HIM, HE NEEDS ME" I yell out. "No" Vanoss says, his voice darker than I remember, too distracted by my fear of loss as I continue to try break out of his grip. I have to get to him, I can't lose him, I yank my arms from Vanoss' grip, I begin to crawl towards Kade. 

I feel a kick in my back, causing me to fall, Vanoss presses down on me with his foot. I reach out my hand towards Kade, "K-Kade..." I say weakly, breathing hard with Vanoss applying pressure on my back.

Vanoss POV

I pull out my cigarettes from my pocket and light one, puffing it, looking down at Wildcat. I feel him trying to pull himself from under his foot, I blow out the smoke, putting my weight down on his back. "ARguh" Wildcat says in pain, His voice is so beautiful, I take another puff of my cigarette, I crouch down, blowing the smoke on the back of his neck. Wildcat flinches, letting out a quiet cough, How dramatic.

I look up to Kade, the blood flowing quickly from his shoulder, staining his pretty white shirt. He weakly reaches out to Wildcat, I scoff, "How pathetic" I say. I grab Wildcat, turning him over, He starts to struggle. I hold the cigarette in my mouth, grabbing hold of his arms, pining both of them with one of my hands. He stops struggling, tightly holding his eyes shut, "No point in trying to escape, kitty" I say sweetly. 

I take out my cig with my free hand, putting it out in the dirt, I look back to him. I blow smoke in his face, he turns his head to avoid the smoke. I look at his helpless body under me, his chest moving rapidly from his breaths, I touch his face. Soft, Wildcat quickly opens his eyes, the blue in his eyes melt my heart. 

Tears start to flow out of his eyes, he looks up at me scared, he begins to shake. "P-p-please...I-I want-" I cut him off, "I want you" I say. I look back up at Kade, he's slowly making his way over to us, holding where I shot him, dragging his body across the dry terrain. "A persistant mother fucker isn't he?" I say, I start to caress Wildcats hand with my thumb. "E-evan..." Wildcat quietly says.