💘 Hopeless Romantic 💘

Art credits: BoxBunny63 on Twitter

Stan: 16
Kyle: 16

Word count: 1014

•                                                                    •

"The very first few days when you actually start having symptoms of falling for someone special, are the days of heavenly bliss and unreasonable madness."
                                         -Abhijit Naskar

•                                                                    •

Stan Marsh has completely and utterly fallen in love with his super best friend, Kyle Broflovski.

Stan found himself struggling to pay attention in class, always staring at the curly red head boy with the most beautiful green eyes he's ever seen. His eyelashes were long, and every time he blinked they tapped his upper cheeks so peacefully it made Stan's knees weak.

Kyle was smart, kind, empathetic, courageous, feisty, fierce, loyal, beautiful, kindhearted, strong, and most importantly he was Stan's super best friend.

He was always there for Stan when he needed him, like when Wendy broke up with him in 4th grade.

Stan continued to stare at the boy.

Kyle sat at his desk, his tongue sticking out as he concentrated on writing down the answers to the questions the teacher was asking. Kyle's face was smooth, not a freckle or mole to be seen, with a slight pink tint due to the natural cold of Colorado air.

Kyle slowly peeled his eyes away from his paper, looking up at the teacher with glowing eyes that showed he loved learning in this class.

Kyle turned to Stan. "Dude-"

"Ah!" Stan replied, face turning a dark crimson red. He covered his face with his hands and stared back at Kyle through his fingers, utterly embarrassed at the fact that he had just been caught staring.

"Are you okay?" Kyle asked, an amused yet also concerned look on his face.

"Fine! What did you need?" Stan quickly replied, slamming his hands onto his desk, causing a couple heads to turn his direction. Gosh Stan was such a shit show.

"I was just gonna say, are you hearing what the teacher's been saying? It's so interesting! The way..." Kyle continued on talking about how much he loved Science class.

Stan got sucked back into the trance that was Kyle, smiling as Kyle expressed his love for the current Science topic. How could someone be so incredibly beautiful? He's just... perfect.

"Boys!" The teacher snapped.

Both Stan and Kyle flinched and turned to face the teacher.

"Talking in my class? Is that what you'd rather do than learn?" The teacher asked, more specifically towards Stan. Kyle was always the favorite student.

"No ma'am! I was simply talking about what we were currently learning," Kyle apologized, obviously scared of getting in trouble.

"Oh that's fine sweetheart, just try to pay more attention in class."

Kyle was definitely the favorite student, with every teacher. They always made it obvious too. But Stan wasn't complaining, who wouldn't love Kyle?

"Thank you miss, I promise it won't happen again," Kyle smiled.

-

After class, Stan and Kyle walked to the lunchroom together.

"Isn't Mrs. Anderson so nice?" Kyle hummed.

"If that's what you wanna call it," Stan mumbled.

After they grabbed their food, Stan and Kyle sat down at their usual lunch table.

Kyle sat so close to Stan that it made him queasy, something he always had to deal with when he was in love with someone.

Stan turned to Kenny and pushed his food over to him. Stan would not be able to keep it down. And Kenny needed the food more than him anyway.

"Thanks, Stan!" Kenny muffle yelled cheerfully behind his orange parka hood.

Stan would respond verbally, but the way Kyle's arm brushed against his own when grabbing some of his food forced Stan to only nod in response. Any sort of words coming out would also result in vomit all over the lunch table.

Kyle turned to Stan, "are you sure you're not hungry? You can have some of my food if you want. It's pork anyway, not like I can eat it."

Stan looked at Kyle as he poked the pork with his fork.

"Plus I don't want you starving yourself," Kyle mumbled, his face scrunched up due to it resting on his hand.

Oh no.

Here it comes.

Stan couldn't hold it in anymore, everything Kyle did made Stan feel queasy. It was just too much.

Stan threw up all over Kyle.

"Ah, sick dude!" Kyle screeched, wiping puke off his face.

"Oh my God, Kyle! I'm so sorry!" Stan apologized profusely.

"Ugh, it's fine. But are you okay? Why did you..." Kyle's face turned into one of realization when he looked at Stan's completely flushed and red face. "Do you..." Kyle started again, though he couldn't find the right words to speak.

They stared at each other. Green eyes on blue.

"Do you like me?" Kyle asked, finally finding the confidence.

Stan didn't answer, he kept staring at Kyle. He felt the sickness coming back to him, the vomit itching to come out. He couldn't respond. Not without throwing up on Kyle again.

Stan reached towards Kyle and grabbed his hand, hoping that would answer his question.

Kyle smiled. "We'll talk about it later. Now c'mon. You're helping me clean up this puke," he said standing up, his and Stan's hands still intertwined.

Stan giggled and followed Kyle to the bathroom.

"Is this a piece of carrot? Aww, gross!" Kyle complained.

"I had some with my breakfast."

Kyle glared at Stan before breaking into a fit of laughter.

"Okay lover boy, help me wash your breakfast off of my face."

Kyle sat down next to a sink in the bathroom and Stan grabbed a paper towel, damping it a little.

"Remind me to never eat carrots again," Stan said, causing both of them to laugh.

They giggled as Stan wiped away at Kyle's face, staring into those green eyes once more.

"More cleaning less staring."

_______________________________________

Basically just Stan pining over Kyle. I actually wrote this because I was scrolling on Twitter when I came across this:

I don't know if they'll see this, but if they do I hope it was up to their standards

#Stanisasimp

Have a good day/night!

<3