🌸 Magic Pt. 1 🌸

Art by nuggitothehamster on Wattpad! Their art is beautiful please go check it out!

Stan: 10-13
Kyle: 10-13
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 4308

•                                                                    •

"There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in."
                                      -Graham Greene

•                                                                    •

Kyle Broflovski was a boy born with magical powers. He was an elf. Not just an elf, but he was also royalty. Which meant that he had more powers than the average elf.

His powers were strong, and helped him do many things. They helped him mostly in combat, or when he wanted a pen from across the room but didn't want to stand up to get it.

But there are ups and downs to everything, especially having powers. Kyle found that out, when he met a human boy that goes by the name Stan Marsh.

Kyle has always been told to stay away from humans, something his mother was very adamant about. 'No talking to humans, they're bad news,' his mother would tell him.

One of the reasons Kyle was told to stay away from humans was because of his powers. He couldn't quite control them. When he was excited or happy, magic partials in the shape of stars would float around him, making himself look like a planet in the sky.

When he was sad, a storm cloud hovered above his head. He hated that one, because sometimes the storm cloud would zap him with a lightning bolt.

When he was angry, which was most of the time, fog would surround himself. He hated that one, too, because it often made him feel isolated and trapped, not being able to find his way out.

But he learned something new about himself one night when a human boy found him in the woods.

Kyle was minding his own business, smelling flowers, talking to squirrels. He was happy doing this, which meant that there were stars all around him, he hadn't minded, because they were lighting his path for him.

He really didn't think much about his stars, until he heard a twig snap and then a gasp from someone behind him. Kyle turned around, and saw a boy around his age. He was slightly taller than Kyle, he noticed. He had black hair too, a helmet covering most of it. Kyle couldn't see any of the boys face due to the darkness, but for some reason he wanted to.

Kyle hesitantly took a step towards the black haired boy. And when he was close enough, his stars around him lit up his face. Kyle saw the most beautiful thing he's ever seen that night. That thing was Stan Marsh. He had a round jaw, a button nose, and the most beautiful blue eyes Kyle had ever seen. They were twinkling in amazement as he stared at the glowing floating stars around Kyle.

Kyle felt his face heat up at Stan's amazement, something he had never felt before. He looked down, and put a hand on his face, confused as to what emotion he was feeling.

"You've got something," Stan muttered, staring at the flowers popping up in Kyle's hair.

When Kyle heard his voice, he had to cover his mouth in shock. His voice was soothing and smooth, it made Kyle's face heat up even more than he thought was possible.

Stan watched as more and more flowers popped up, covering most of Kyle's poofy, curly, red hair.

Kyle was still looking down. He saw his crown land in front of him, so he was confused. He reached a hand up to touch his head, but was shocked when he felt flowers instead of hair.