🍪 Confusion 🍪

Stan: 18
Kyle: 17
(ILLEGAL AHHH! Jkjk. Ahem, based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 1971

•                                                                    •

"To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."
                                           -David Viscott

•                                                                    •

Stan doesn't get a lot of things. But what has him absolutely perplexed right now, is the way him and his best friend have been acting around each other.

Kyle has been his best friend since they were in diapers. They've been through everything together. From literally fighting aliens, to just friendship problems. They never separated.

And they hadn't. In fact, the reason Stan was confused is because quite the opposite happened. They seemed to be closer, if that was even possible.

They spend weekends together like they always did, sure, but it was different now. Instead of teasing each other while they played video games, they were cuddling in pure and utter silence. And another confusing thing, Stan loved it. He loved the peace that those moments brought him, and he loved how when he was stressing out about something, just a little thought of him and Kyle could calm him down.

The way Kyle breathed was so mesmerizing to Stan. Which is weird, he knows. But he can't help but feel entranced by something as simple as Kyle's breathing. He's tried to match it, but it always results in him gasping for air because how the heck does that boy breathe so slowly?

And Kyle's hair, don't even get him started. Stan loves every little thing about it. From the specific shade of red, to the unique curl pattern. He doesn't understand how Kyle doesn't like his hair. Because if Stan could, he would spend all eternity just playing with that beautiful mess of red locks.

His eyes too, oh God his eyes. Whenever he gets excited over the smallest things, his eyes sparkle like a million stars, except all in one spot so it's blinding. But you can't look away. And just the usual green shade of his eyes was unlike anything Stan had ever seen. You could ask him what shade it was, and he couldn't tell you. It was just Kyle. And that's the way he liked it.

His freckles were another thing Stan loved. He had so many. They started on his face and trailed down his arms, Stan would know, he had traced them with his finger before. And he doesn't know what pattern they go in, but he was sure that if he took a pen and played connect the dots, it would give him the secret to the meaning of life. Which is stupid because it was obviously Kyle.

But goodness that obnoxious green ushanka he always wears. Sure, it's like his signature look and it doesn't necessarily look bad but Stan would give so much to be able to see his hair every day. Stan's always telling him to "let the hair breathe!" But he never listens. Even during summertime.

Though it's not all too bad. It does make Stan appreciate the times he is able to see Kyle's hair a bit more.

He's also incredibly smart, something Stan can admire due to his lack of intelligence. Stan's more street smart whereas Kyle is book smart. They learn from each other, but when it comes to school Kyle is definitely smarter. He's a straight-A student, whereas Stan celebrates when he gets a D, because at least he's passing. Stan doesn't exactly mind however, because it just gives him an excuse to hang out with Kyle alone in the school library when he helps out with his schoolwork. Kyle's always been a good teacher, maybe it's a perk of being an older brother.