🖤 Troublemakers Pt. 2 💚

Stan: 16
Kyle: 16
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 1985

•                                                                    •

"But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it."
                                              -Calla Quinn

•                                                                    •

Monday morning rolls around, and Stan finds himself looking through the hall for a specific neon green wearing ginger boy.

And as soon as he saw that hat with the Minecraft creeper face on it, he started to run to catch up to it. "Kyle!" He shouted. "Kyle!"

Kyle whipped his head around to see an out of breath Stan standing in front of him.

"Dude!" Kyle yelled.

"Dude," Stan replied, catching his breath.

"What's the hurry?" Kyle asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Stan took another moment to catch his breath, then turned his head to meet Kyle's eyes. "I just wanted to know how it went with your mom, how long are you grounded?"

Kyle looked confused for a second. He lifted his hand up to touch his snake bite piercings, as if remembering why he was even grounded in the first place.

"Two weeks, not that bad. The only bad thing is that I'm not allowed to see you outside of school."

"What? Why not?"

Kyle grabbed Stan by the wrist and started walking again, to get out of people's way and to also not miss his first class of the day.

"Well, because she thinks you're a pretty bad influence, dude. I spent the night at your house and boom, I came home with not one, but two piercings."

"Well, sorry! But it's only some piercings! They're way less permanent than tattoos!"

Kyle stopped walking when they made it to the door of his classroom and turned around to Stan again.

Kyle grabbed both of Stan's hands and held them in his own, looking him in the eyes. "Look, it's only two weeks. You're lucky it's not a month or something. I'll see you at lunch?" Kyle asked with a sad smile.

Stan smiled back, then watched as Kyle walked into his classroom. Stan walked away, and not to his classroom, but towards the back of the school to see his friends.

-

"I'm sorry that your boyfriend, like, broke up with you, but what do you want us to do about it?" Henrietta asked, taking a hit from the lit cigarette in her hand.

"I don't know, I guess I hoped you guys would distract me from the whole situation," Stan said. He didn't dare look any of his friends in the eye, instead he just stared at the ground and awkwardly kicked some rocks around.

"Did you hear that? He didn't deny that Kyle was his boyfriend," Stan heard Henrietta mumble to Mike, whose eyes got wide.

Stan rolled his eyes, then spoke up. "He's not my boyfriend."

"Are you sure?" Firkle, the goth fifth grader asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm pretty sure I would remember--"

"Don't you think he'll just break your heart the same way Wendy did?" Mike, the tall goth kid who didn't even look like he belonged in highschool, asked.