🏡 Ding Dong Ditch 🏡

Stan: 9
Kyle: 9
Cartman: 9
Kenny: 9
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 2573

•                                                                    •

"Friendship at first sight, like love at first sight, is said to be the only truth."
                                    -Herman Melville

•                                                                    •

A new kid had moved into the neighborhood a couple days ago. Stan didn't mind, or maybe a better way of saying it was, Stan didn't care.

The kid hadn't even started going to school yet, how could he care?

All Stan saw this new kid as, was just another kid that he wouldn't be friends with. However, all Kenny; Stan's best friend, saw this new kid as, was a new person to play ding dong ditch on.

So here Stan was, standing on the new kid's front porch. Kenny was behind him in one of the bushes, urging him on to ring the doorbell.

"Go on! If you run fast enough they won't see you!" Kenny encouraged.

Stan shook, he was worried of getting caught. What if the new kid saw him? What a horrible first impression that would be.

"Dude, if you don't ring that doorbell right now, I will for you."

Stan scoffed at Kenny. He was annoyed he had enough confidence to make fun of Stan, when he was literally the one hiding in bushes.

Stan turned back towards the green house after glaring at Kenny for at least thirty seconds, and took a deep breath.

Ding dong!

Stan flinched, he heard Kenny whispering "run!" Over and over again. So he did, he turned his heel and swiftly ran behind the bushes right next to Kenny.

A few seconds later, the front door opened. Kyle was confused when he saw nobody on his front porch.

"Hello?" The boy called out.

Stan was staring intently at the boy from behind the bushes. He was gorgeous, in Stan's eyes. He had long curly red hair, with a green ushanka sloppily draped over it as if he had quickly put it on before opening the door without thinking. The boy had a confused expression on his face, his red eyebrows were scrunched up and he was frowning. And even though Stan hadn't even spoken a word to the boy, he made note that he had absolutely gorgeous glowing green eyes. And his voice, it was almost angelic. Stan could repeat that simple question of who's there over and over again in his mind, simply because the green eyed boy had asked it.

"Stan? Dude, are you okay? You have like hearts in your eyes."

When Stan didn't respond to Kenny's question, he decided to follow the eyes of his best friend. And surely enough, they were staring directly at the boy who was now scratching his head in confusion, still trying to find out who rang his doorbell.

Suddenly, like a light bulb, Kenny got an idea. He grabbed Stan by the wrist, and stood up with him.

Kyle's eyes landed on the two boys, and although confused, he was grateful that he wasn't going crazy when he thought he heard the doorbell ring.

"Oh! Hello! What were you guys doing in my bushes?" Kyle asked hesitantly. Gosh, how he hoped some weirdos hadn't wound up at his house.

Kenny walked forward, a very stressed and confused Stan following close behind. "We came here to say hi. We saw that you were new in town, and that you would be attending our school soon. We didn't want you to have no friends on your first day!" Kenny said dramatically.