💜 Through Wendy's Eyes 💜

Art credit: I don't know if they're the original artist, but I found the fanart from misaikun on Pinterest

Stan: 16
Kyle: 15
Wendy: 16
(Based off of their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 601

•                                                                    •

"She tried so hard to make everyone happy, but she realized she was forgetting someone: herself."
                                  -Prachi Chaudhary

•                                                                    •

Wendy was mad at herself. Why, you may ask? Because she was still in love with non other than Stan Marsh.

Wendy could find herself dreaming about Stan and what they could have been.

But these thoughts made her feel guilty.

Stan wasn't hers.

He was Kyle's.

And Kyle made sure to let everyone know.

Wendy would watch as Stan and Kyle walked down the hallways hand in hand. Or the way they would sit under a tree outside and cuddle during break time. Or the way Kyle defended Stan profusely after he was talked down upon, and vise versa. They did everything together. They were the perfect couple.

And Wendy wasn't allowed to feel jealous. No, not at all. She wanted this to happen. She saw the way Stan had looked at Kyle when they were together. A look of longing. A look of love. It was a look she never caught Stan giving to herself.

She knew Stan wasn't hers. He hadn't been for a lot longer than either of them had realized.

But Wendy was glad she had, Stan was way happier with Kyle.

He smiled the biggest most brightest and genuine smile when he was with him.

Wendy loved it. She loved seeing him so incredibly happy.

But it also made her wonder.

Why couldn't she feel that way?

Was she worthy of love?

"Oh my God, Stan!! Stop it, put me down!" Kyle yelled from across the hall, laughing uncontrollably.

Wendy looked over to the two and smiled.

Stan was holding Kyle over one shoulder as Kyle kicked his legs.

"I wanted to prove to you that I am strong too! You're not the only buff one around here," Stan replied, holding his other arm up and flexing.

"Oh haha, very funny. Now put me down before I snap your neck."

Stan chuckled and put Kyle down, earning a smile from the red head.

"My turn," Kyle smiled wider.

"What do you-"

Kyle grabbed Stan by the torso and picked him up, spinning him around in circles.

"KYLE!! Dude you're gonna make me hit somebody!" Stan yelled, still being spun in continuous circles by the other.

"That's what you get for being a knucklehead," Kyle said, stopping and setting Stan back down.

"Oh I'm the knucklehead?"

Kyle smiled and nodded.

"I'll show you knucklehead."

Stan grabbed Kyle's green ushanka and started running down the hall at a fast speed. Kyle stood there for a second, his hair still getting used to being outside his hat, his ginger curls poofing up into a giant ball.

"STAN!!" Kyle yelled, his voice trailing off as he followed his boyfriend down the hall in an attempt to get his hat back.

Wendy's smile faded as the scene she was witnessing ended.

They deserved each other. She told herself.

And I'm happy for them.

_______________________________________

Basically Style from Wendy's pov. I wanted to add more about Wendy finding love, but then this oneshot wouldn't be about Style anymore. So I decided to keep it short and simple. (I absolutely love Wendy btw, that's the reason I wrote this. I wanted her to have some recognition.)

This wasn't based off of anything. Just my love for Wendy.

Have a good day/night!

<3